• ...and so much more!
  • Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Hey EVERYONE! Come and tell me about any sights you like for your rifles or shotguns. I'm looking only for red dot/reflex style sights that mount on semi-auto rifles and/or shotguns. Brands and names will do, but links are helpful. Price isn't a big issue-only that these are popular options on the market. This isn't a place to argue about what's best. I'm' strictly information gathering right now.

So-show me what you like!

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Taggaroonie

Curious if any cheapies might be good enough.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Keep em coming guys-cheap ones too. I hear bushnell and a few other brands have some out as well, but I want to know what you guys have tried and know to work for your personal application. I'm going to start doing research into all of the ones you guys are posting about through out the week.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    I picked up a couple of the Primary Arms micro Red Dots, they are Aim Point clones. They are damn good too, very rugged. Around $85 If I recall correctly.

Forgot about those. Can't buy a $600 EOTech for a $350 shotgun. To me, most of the high dollar sights seem to vogue.

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    Forgot about those. Can't buy a $600 EOTech for a $350 shotgun. To me, most of the high dollar sights seem to vogue.

yeah, it's not only the great price, but it works great. I have also beat the hell out of em and they keep on going. Holds zero as well when I take it off the gun and put it back on. For my money and what I need it to do the PA Microdot is a great option

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    The purpose will help dictate, as well.
    I'm trying to better educate myself on what's out there. I'm of the thought that your avg guy can get a decent optic for under $200, so I want to learn about what's out there. But I also want to learn about the high end ones so I can give better advice when I see people in the market trying to go all out. I know, one day I would like to buy a high end one myself. I'm not so good at finding what all my options are, but I am good at research once I have my sights on certain options. So I'm looking to see what you guys have found that works-both for a guy on a budget/building a range toy, and for a guy trying to buy battle-ready optics.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    On my AK: Aimpoint CompM2, but an Aimpoint PRO would be a better substitute. Got a great deal on the CompM2 before the PRO even existed... and it's been powered on since then, with only one battery replacement.

On my AR: Trijicon Accupoint TR-24. Yeah, yeah... it's not strictly a "red dot" optic. Even at 1x it's a "green triangle" optic, but it fills the same role and then some.

Shotgun: Uhhhh, red dot optic for shooting at birds?

ETA: Saw what you said about "average guy." I'm probably as average as it gets and still save and spend on decent optics when I can't just find an insanely good deal on them. I'm sorry, but for $200 you're going to get bad glass. Save up, buy quality (not Swarovski priced quality, but decent stuff) and you'll be much happier.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom