• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jwthomas71

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Cleburne Tx
    I'm looking for suggestions for my first red dot or a halagraphic sight. Ive watched the videos and read the reviews. I just can't make my mind up. It is going on a Ruger markIV 22/44 lite. Why should I pick one over the other?
    ARJ Defense ad

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    The 22/45's rail makes it easy to attach ANY red dot you want on it. All it comes down to is personal preference and your budget. I mounted a Burris FastFire 3 on my 22/45 Tactical because it had good reviews and it was on sale @ Academy for $150 (April 2020?). The red dot auto adjusts to ambient light but I typically turn it up to med or high. It's plenty bright for direct sunlight. I also have one mounted on a Ruger 57. I've had no complaints. Dot looks bigger in the pic than it really is.
    ETA: Everyone loves a suppressed 22lr with a red dot.
    2245BFF3.jpg

Last edited:

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    I would first ask what's your budget and what do you plan on using it for? If it's going on a range gun that won't see hard use, then anything from a reputable brand will work. Stay away from the amazon airsoft stuff and stick with the well known major optics brands and you'll likely be okay.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I've had mixed results with cheapo dots. I've had one Amazon one run fine on an AR chambered in 7.62x39 only to have it fail on my first outing on a buckmark. A few others have hung in there pretty well.

My budget go to is the Bushnell trs but I've been gravitating toward green dots recently. The green dots wash out less in the sun. Holosuns are also a great value. Of course if cost is no issue, cmores are great as well as the burris and vortex.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    I haven't seen anybody say anything about a holographic sight. Should I even be considering one or just stick to a red dot for now?
    I'm not aware of every holographic sight on the market but it's my understanding that the ones with good reputation are much larger in size and are meant for rifle size applications. Holosun makes a smaller size holographic (HS510C) that may work on a pistol that starts around $315.

Last edited:

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    I’ve snagged the 515CU & 510c a while back. Got them on sale at Grab a gun for around $280 shipped. Got em mounted and couldn’t see the damn dots for the cataract. Lmao

I’m hope to be giving them a run out real soon. I need a good sandbag setup. Had both rifles out this weekend looking down scope. Nice to be able to finally see the dot!!!!

I’m sure the neighbors think I’m over compensating on squirrels

IMG_5770.JPG

Top Bottom