• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GoPappy

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 18, 2015
    Damn! A not-so-great way to say thanks for your service.

Here’s an idea. How about a red flag law that only applies to politicians?

DyeF9

In Thrust We Trust
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Red Oak TX
    Goa sent me an email about this a little while ago, so I used their handy dandy link to email my rep. My rep did in fact vote nay, so that's good. I sent another email to the senators and Trump's offices to try and get this swatted down. Red flag laws are BS and people that try to impose them should be charged and whipped for violations to human rights.

SureNot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2020
    Fort Worth
    It's called probable cause. It already does the same thing, but it requires using actual evidence to weigh on a decision. The red flag laws is propaganda. Traitors.

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    When I was in the military (USAF) they could come in and do a search anytime they wanted to and confiscate anything they deemed necessary. If you lived in the barracks you were not allowed to have any firearms and if you did own any they were required to be all kept at the base armory unless you lived on base housing then you could keep them at your home but you were still subject to search and seizures at any time.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    ToAll,

One of the FEW things about "Military City" (AKA: San Antonio) that really hacks me off is that I have to return home to lock up my EDC handgun before going "on post" for an hour or less. - This is especially SILLY inasmuch as I routinely carried a handgun concealed when I was on AD & in my entire career I drew it "off the range" (in CONUS) exactly once, when my driver & I "pulled over" a driver for "erratic driving" (He was DUID.) & he pulled a hunting knife when asked for his ID.
    (The civilian male subject was detained for the VSP, arrested by a VA State Trooper, charged with ADW & jailed. = He plead guilty, paid a 500.oo fine, plus court costs & spent 30 days in the Brunswick County jail, "for acting the fool". The ALPHA HOTEL also got fired from his civilian job.)

ADDENDA: IF I had my way, ANYONE, who possesses a "carry concealed permit" (from any US jurisdiction), would be able to "notify the Provost Marshal or equivalent official" & thereafter he/she could carry concealed on post, too.

yours, satx

Last edited:

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    When I was in the military (USAF) they could come in and do a search anytime they wanted to and confiscate anything they deemed necessary. If you lived in the barracks you were not allowed to have any firearms and if you did own any they were required to be all kept at the base armory unless you lived on base housing then you could keep them at your home but you were still subject to search and seizures at any time.
    Yes. You might remember expressly waiving those rights to the USAF when you signed up. You had to expressly waive them before they could do that. Most people have not expressly waived those rights, so they're not subject to summary searches and seizures.

Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    I am NOT going to do anything. That is until some gutless wonder in office actually has the testicular fortitude to beat on my door and demand MY property. Just because some Lemon Sucker that lives in a gated community with bodyguards think they can TELL me what or where I can live and have better come armed. I will defend my God given rights in our Constitution. My wife and I have over thirty years active duty service and..... this is NOT what we served for!

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    It only works if they know what they are looking trying to find. I know a Louisiana NG who kept a single stage reloader, reloading supplies, and a TC in .44 mag in his billet. I know of at least two "health and welfare" inspections where no eyebrows (let alone flags) were raised.

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    It only works if they know what they are looking trying to find. I know a Louisiana NG who kept a single stage reloader, reloading supplies, and a TC in .44 mag in his billet. I know of at least two "health and welfare" inspections where no eyebrows (let alone flags) were raised.

Aus-Schwaben,

The LAARNG is VERY PRO-gun (OR at least they were when we were stationed/went to grad school there.), so I'm NOT surprised.

yours, satx

Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    What they may be looking for and what they find are two different things. Someone may be seriously mistaken and very unhappy! All is fair in Love and War!

Top Bottom