• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bvillars

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    I had a chance to take my son-in-law and grandson to reds in south austin today. My grandson just turned five. They could not have treated him any better than if he was their own son. I let him shoot a tube fed bolt action remington mod 34 .22 lr. Man he had a ball. I took seven different pistols and three rifles. We spent three hours shooting. Before w were finished he wanted to shoot my old S&W mod 39 9mm. I loaded one shell at a time and he hit the ring at seven yards and then only hit paper at fifteen. He was so tired by the end he could hardly sit on the stool. The staff made sure that it was safe for everyone and that he had a great first experience. He has shot at the farm but never with others shooting next to him. I highly recommend reds and say thanks.
    Lynx Defense

Oldfalguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Point Venture
    Been taking my kids to the south store for 20 years and the youngest to the north store for 10-
    Little 21 yr old blond with a Colt Mdl 70 .45 even impressed Red and the rapid fire guy in the lane next to her.
    Problem is have 2 daughters and only one mdl 70- guess they can flip for it ............later.

bvillars

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    series 70 colt

man this is crazy. That is what two of the pistols we were shooting. A series 70 colt in .45 and 9mm. i also have one in 38 super but left it a home. I also have three daughters but they tend to like the assault style weapons. A couple of uzis and ar's. They grew up helping around my gun store, so guns are a staple in their lives.

bvillars

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    I took a 38 super to shoot but it was an El Presidente. The guy in the lane next to me wanted to shoot it and I said sure. When he discovered it was a 38 super he said, " only mexicans shoot that bullet". While I did not reply to the negative I wondered who he thought Lew Horton designed this series for. The El series shoot well but I still love my colt 70 series.

Oldfalguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Point Venture
    I would really like to have those pistols complete.
    All I have the 9mm/38 Super/ complete 70's uppers for the .45 and always thought/dreamed of
    making a nice box routed out to hold the uppers and the pistol . 38 Super is the bomb, in this frame beats 9mm in my book
    Problem is abject cowardice on my part- Don't know diddly about routers, ergo don't have one- May trace it out for someone else and then do touch up with a dremel.

WB5MHA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Houston
    I took a 38 super to shoot but it was an El Presidente. The guy in the lane next to me wanted to shoot it and I said sure. When he discovered it was a 38 super he said, " only mexicans shoot that bullet". While I did not reply to the negative I wondered who he thought Lew Horton designed this series for. The El series shoot well but I still love my colt 70 series.

Going to ANY shooting range means from time to time suffering, or listening to, inbread morons. Best off to do as you did and ignore them.

I belong to Mexico Armado. I have lived on the Mexican border a good part of my life and owned a ranch with the Rio Grande as my south property line. The 38 Super is illegal, or as highly regulated as other large bore centerfire in Mexico, "gun-shop-wisdom" not withstanding. 380 Auto and 38 Special are the most powerful handguns you can own in your home; and then only after mountains of paperwork, knowing someone and maybe a little payoff after an "official visit". Even the 9mm Glock is prohibited. They settle for the Glock 25 in 380 instead.

Top Bottom