Red's

Discussion in 'Texas Gun Ranges' started by Texan-in-Training, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Texan-in-Training

Texan-in-Training Active Member

Jul 8, 2012
    Rockdale, Texas
    A while back I swore I'd never go back to Red's in Pflugerville, and having read other comments in the time I've been a member of this forum, I wasn't alone.
    So I felt it only fair to Red's to say I've changed my opinion of them.
    A couple of weeks ago or so, I ended up needing to get two rifles on paper at 25 yards, so I reluctantly went there.
    Gotta say, it was a good shooting experience. Everyone there was friendly and treated me politely. Even when I inadvertently screwed up (rifle pointed downrange but upwards towards the target cables, trying to read the scope reticle dial with old eyes), their RSO politely corrected me and was friendly doing it.
    It was pretty crowded with a lot of shooter's friends/family behind the line by the time I finished, but considering it was a Sunday... understandable.
    It's about a hours drive for me from Rockdale to get there, but when I need their 100 yard range, I'll go back.

2. grasshopperglock

grasshopperglock Altered Vector

Jan 5, 2012
    Killeen
    You didn't mind the percussion? Last time I was there is was like getting slapped in the head every time a round went off.

3. Texan-in-Training

Texan-in-Training Active Member

Jul 8, 2012
    Rockdale, Texas
    I doubled up on ear protection... plugs and muffs, so it was bearable.

4. grasshopperglock

grasshopperglock Altered Vector

Jan 5, 2012
    Killeen
    Lol, yeah. I did too. Ear plugs and muffs. Barrel comps really rocks the place.

Texan-in-Training likes this.
  5. pharmaco

pharmaco Active Member

Apr 2, 2013
    Round Rock
    I fired my model 29 there once