Texas SOT

referalls to a good dealer in Houston for an FFL transfer?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • strecharmstrong

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    i am looking to buy a Sig 226 from Bud's online. have never purchased online before, and looking for a good dealer to get my FFL transfer through.

have any of you had any good experiences with local dealers? what did they charge you for the transfer, and how enthusiastic were they to help you?

thanks

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    It would help to know where you are located in Texas. ;) If it's in or around the Austin area, I've done a transfer through Red's before: http://www.redsguns.com/

They're great guys to deal with, though they recently raised their transfer fee to $50 which is pretty expensive.

strecharmstrong

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    It would help to know where you are located in Texas. ;) If it's in or around the Austin area, I've done a transfer through Red's before: http://www.redsguns.com/

They're great guys to deal with, though they recently raised their transfer fee to $50 which is pretty expensive.

Houston. i thought i put that in the thread title. :)

thanks, but not in Austin. i found a directory on Impactguns.com - looks like the average going rate is anywhere from $10 to $35. some throw in perks like free range fee with transfer.

just wondering who has had good experiences with who. i am a little skeptical to send a brand new Sig to a mom n pop operation run out of someone's house. i also don't want to deal with an a-hole dealer who really doesn't want to be assisting an online sale.

thanks again

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    I used them for the first time in January. They had some problems with BATF changing the address on their license but they have that straightened out now. Really nice people. Their charge is $20.

Just my $.02

Madhouse

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Tomball, TX
    What part of town are you in? If you're anywhere near NW, Pruett's Guns and Ammo is a great store to do a transfer, I've done a couple with them.

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    I used these guys last month. Really nice people to deal with. I paid $15 for the transfer. I was told from now on, that the charge would only be $10. I highly recommend them.

Martini Hardware Co., Inc.
    7145 Lawndale
    Houston, TX 77023-7298
    713-926-7466
    Les, Cyndi or Chuck

Cyfer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    TEXAS
    I used Memorial Oaks Shooting last month for my SIG P239 I bought and they're real nice and great to deal with. On I-10 & Gessner area. I'm using them again this week for my CA94. They charged me $35 for the transfer. (713) 984-9921 www.moschouston.com

I think it really depends alot on what area of town you're coming from... JMO

Top Bottom