• ...and so much more!
  • rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    Do you need special tools?

Can't say for your specific application, but generally not. Probably just a clip or nut holding the door lock cylinders in. As far as the ignition, I'm not positive for you, but shouldn't be too difficult if you're mechanically inclined.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Are you changing just the door locks or the ignition as well? If you change the ignition key, you're getting more complicated and expensive because of the Passkey stuff. If you're just doing door locks, you can do it yourself in a couple hours with basic hand tools.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    probably just the door barrels unless i magically get my key back, even then I may still do it.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    probably just the door barrels unless i magically get my key back, even then I may still do it.

Go to a chevy dealership with your registration showing its your truck and have them cut you a key. I did this for my 04 Silverado once when my keys grew legs.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Go to a chevy dealership with your registration showing its your truck and have them cut you a key. I did this for my 04 Silverado once when my keys grew legs.

Remember what it cost? I need new keys either way the guy has my key so he can get in my truck whenever

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Not much from what I remember. I didn't get a key fob, just the key. I think it was only like 20 bucks or something like that.

Top Bottom