• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slotback

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    Why does this foolishness from the People's Republic of Illinois (Chicago) not surprise me?
    DK Firearms

Texastransplant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Purmela, Texas
    I spend 58 years in Illinois, moved here this last summer and tossed my FOID card at the first gas station I stopped at after I got out of Illinois. Problem is Chicago and burbs, they have a class of folks called entitlements and want their food stamps, free healthcare, sanctuary cities and so on. North of I80 it is crazy. You hear about Chicago crime, I came from Rockford 60 miles nw, and we get the ones that are released from jail and back on to the streets. Jesse Jackson makes trips to town because a former neighbor of mine tried to take a LEO's weapon and died doing it. It's a war zone there, gun shots daily, I think 22 killed last year and that a slow year. Several times a month would be taking cover and druggies fought it out outside, kids chasing each other with guns. Glad to finally make it free and be in the middle of nowhere.

The person that started this tread said it best when if you don't watch it, the problems could come here. Sure we all laugh at Illinois and Chicago mayor Rahm Emanual. However look here, we have Sheila Jackson Lee and a few others. One bad potato when seperated it just that a bad potato. Take that same tater and put it in a bag of good taters and they are runied in a day or two.

March 11th Illinois will have 5000 to 10000 much again to the Illinois state capitol I-Gold for gun rights. It's about the only thing that keeps the wolves at bay, a show of strength. I think that would be awesome it Texas would do that, maybe it does and I am not aware of it. When you lose a right it's hard to get it back. Glad to be here and having tossed my FOID car and bug out bag, life is finally good.

crabbys44

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Austin
    The attorney general in Illinois, Lisa Madigan, is forcing the police to release the information on everyone licensed to have a gun in the state

Release Names of All Gun Owners

1. Thank God we live in Texas
    2. I don't think I need to point out what political party put her in office.
    3. If we don't pay attention, this can happen anywhere!
    4. Repeat #1.

Actually it's worse than that. After I thought about it for a minute, the FOID (Firearm Owners Identification Card) is issued by the State and is required for anyone to possess or purchase a firearm, ammunition, or component part. If you work in IL and carry a gun on the job you must have a FOID. A prime example is Nuclear Security. The officers are issued their weapons at the beginning of shift and return them at shift's end. Even non-resident officers must have a FOID. You don't have to OWN a gun to have a FOID, you just have to ask for, and be granted, the privilege to merely possess a gun w/in the state limits.

Madigan isn't forcing the State Police to release the names of those licensed to have a gun, she is ordering the release of everyone's name who has been granted the privilege to possess or purchase a firearm, ammunition, or component part whether they actually own any or not.

The phrase was "We don't register guns in Illinois, we register the owners." I believe it was a Chicago city "official" who said it.

Look at CA. Just look, don't live in Kalifornistan.

They required the registration of "assault weapons." The following year the people who complied and registered were informed they were now breaking the law by possessing a "banned weapon" in the state and had to report how they "disposed" of them. IIRC they had three check boxes to indicate how you "disposed" of the weapon and two of the three choices were felonies.

It was also $2000 a year just to register a pick up truck. ANY pick up.

Texastransplant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Purmela, Texas
    In Illinois when you reach a population of 25k in a city you are allowed Home Rule. That means the city can tax, makes rules they want to. I had my ffl and a small gunshop in my home. I moved inside the city limits (for a short time for this farm boy) and continued to do so. I then received notice that the city was wanting to keep records of gun sales inside the city. That's when I decided it was time to quit. I wasn't going to funnel names that some liberal would use later to do their anti gun work. Illinois used to be a decent state, erosion starts slow, a little here a little there. A gun that has only a shotgun and hunts every couple years might be like well I have a pump shotgun, their new rules don't really effect me and not take a stand since I don't care about automatics, or evil black guns. It creeps in and you have to be on constant guard, that's where Illinois failed, and I was part of the failure. WE have to take a stand as a group when the rights of group and our 2A rights are involved.

Top Bottom