• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • accordingtoome

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    I was living in California and went to the Orange County gun show during the last month that you could legally buy a .50 cal centerfire rifle there. It was REALLY packed and I later read that they sold more of those rifles in 1 month than they had in the past 5 years, in California. Sooooo many people were scrambling to get AT LEAST a receiver. Companies had deals where you could just buy the receiver now, and they would build the rest of the rifle for you later.

Gun shows there lost much of their fun though, especially once the city of Pomona banned the big gun show and it was forced to move to Las Vegas. FTF deals required FFL transfers, so if you came across somebody walking around the show with a rifle you wanted, you'd have to walk over to a dealer table and do the transfer for $35 ($25 state fee + $10 for the dealer). The dealers in CA are required by law to transfer long guns (handguns, only if they sell them), but, strangely, their computers always went down right when you needed to do one. Then, if you magically were able to get the dealer to do the transfer, you could walk home with your prize in 10 days.

I was at the same show. Crossroads of the west right. Yes sir i lived in commifornia up until 6 months ago and after this last show i must say i love texas.
    DK Firearms

pxranger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    The Republic of Texas
    I was at the same show. Crossroads of the west right. Yes sir i lived in commifornia up until 6 months ago and after this last show i must say i love texas. i bought a rifle in less than 8 minutes.... It was sweeeet

Yep, the crossroads of the west! I moved to Houston about a year ago.

Calguns.net

If you want to have some laughs, view that forum. See how they have to attach a vagina to their AR to make it legal. Ugh. Makes me sick. I can't go back.

Bushman98

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Houston
    I heard it was a feeding frenzy for black guns. I only bought six AR lowers. Figure I'll end up with six very valuable lowers or six regular lowers... either way I win. ;-)

accordingtoome

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Damn bro thats messed up hahaahaa i bought and built 2 AR's while i was there. I was on calguns for awhile. Where did you live in cali?

Yep, the crossroads of the west! I moved to Houston about a year ago.

Calguns.net

If you want to have some laughs, view that forum. See how they have to attach a vagina to their AR to make it legal. Ugh. Makes me sick. I can't go back.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gilly
    Top Bottom