• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    I was wondering if there's anyone in the Woodlands area who has a reloader that wouldn't mind teaching a newbie about reloading, it would be greatly appreciated...I have plans to purchase when I can afford to (or when I can find one...lol). Books and videos are great, but there's nothing like being shown and taught while doing it. Plus, an experienced person can give great tips or correct minor errors before they develop into bad habits. I am looking mainly into reloading .40 cal rounds and 12 gauge shells at this time as that's what we have, but with plans of purchasing rifles in the future I'll need to see it all...lol...
    Target Sports

PopsXD9sc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Longview
    Think I saw a thread on another forum mentioning that the Cabela's in his area taught lessons; kina like the Home Depot lessons in how to totally screw up a home project (only better I hope). Don't know if you have a Cabela's in your area or not but might be worth checking if there is. Good luck in finding a tutor.

GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    I gotta try...I do better with regular people than I do in a "classroom" setting...besides, what's better than reloading your own ammo...getting someone else to do the work for free...lol...once you make sure they do it right, ofcourse. Although I may have to throw in a 12 pack to sweeten the deal.

GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    I can't help you there. However, if you need a painting lesson, drop by my house.
    Sorry D...but painting is something I do fairly well. My mother is a painter (does faux finishes, murals, etc...), so I spent many of my formative years painting. She was also the first employer to fire me, then re-hire me. This happened everyday for about a month when I was 17...I didn't like waking up for work....

Sourdough

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Hutto
    reloading help

If anyone within 30 miles of Hutto & Roundrock area needs some help learning to reload I can come by and give them a hand. Really don't understand why more people don't. Not only is it cheaper but it is fun and you can tune your ammunition to your particular weapon. I started reloading over 60 years ago for my dad. I have lots of experience. Mostly good. I have had some problems when I have had others helping me. Not nearly so trusting anymore!

D-Day

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    I recieved a Dillon Precision reloader, and would like to watch someone else before I try. If anyone in San Antonio has some time I would appreciate it. I got 12 cold friends to sweeten the deal.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I recieved a Dillon Precision reloader, and would like to watch someone else before I try. If anyone in San Antonio has some time I would appreciate it. I got 12 cold friends to sweeten the deal.

I got a sweet deal on my Dillon SDB second hand. After 30 years of no problems I produced my first squib load. The Dillon takes a bit more concentration then a single stage press. Short stoking it is a major problem.

Keep the 12 pack off site until you test some of your ammo.

Top Bottom