• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Alright, about one year into it and its starting to all seem worth it. The reading, the component gathering,the sore thumbs and man hours invested are finally paying off in spades. It all started with some cowboy loads for my colt 45 but has slowly evolved into this.....the best groups a couple of my guns have ever shot. The idea of just shootin' more had its appeal in the beginning but lately I have been able to put together tighter groups than I ever have before with even premium factory ammo. The targets shown below are at 7yds shooting freehand with my SW1911, it loves the 200 gr SWCs. I use both Berrys plated and Hornady projectiles in this weight but feel more confident pushing the Hornady bullet faster. The lower targets show the absolute best group my Ruger M77 has ever put on paper(Hornady 139gr SST bullets). 'Bout three one a dime at 100. It might not impress you long gun junkies but thats the best I have "recorded" with any gun on paper at that distance. Just for comparison sake, I put out the Hornady target shot at with Winchester 140 gr BST(my standard hunting load at same distance) when I checked the scope just before my first hunt this year. The two lower targets there are with Nosler 140 gr BT and similar powder charges. The best part is, I found that load on pretty much my first batch of .280 rounds. What luck!!! Anyhow, I just wanted to show some of you new guys that reloading CAN be worth the effort.....eventually.;)
    Texas SOT

Attachments

• page 1 tgt.jpg
      page 1 tgt.jpg
      49.9 KB · Views: 194
    • page 2 tgt.jpg
      page 2 tgt.jpg
      49.9 KB · Views: 174

Okierifleman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Houston
    Good work. Be careful cussing us long gun junkies though, you might find that 1 1/2-2" group isnt good enough for you either.....

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Reloading now over 40 years, I prefer my ammo to commercial due to the accuracy I achieve with pistol and rifle, especially with rifle a shooter will never know true potential of his firearm without reloading.

Top Bottom