• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bryonbush

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    Terrell
    awhile ago this guy told me about a website/program where you paid like $10 to the genreal fund, then used the equipment for a few days, and shipped it on to the next person on the waiting list. anybody ever hear of this before? its a good idea because i have lots of military brass to decrimp and want to use the dillon superswage. i have the rcbs one but thats really annoying to use and it tears out the screws holding my press into place. maybe if someone in dallas area has the dillon i can "rent" it from them for a day....

medalguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    New Mexico
    Never heard of anything like you describe. Sounds like a good way to get ripped off for some valuable equipment IMO. Send a $200 piece of equipment to someone who paid $10, never see it again. Or he damages it and sends it on to the next guy. Who damaged it? Who pays to replace it?

If you don't want to spring for the cost of good equipment, I'd suggest sending your brass to someone like Custom Brass Processing in Abilene Texas. He will deprime, full length resize, swage the pocket, trim it to your spec, and tumble it bright for three cents per piece. A heck of a good deal if you ask me. I've used him a lot and recommend him. I checked a number of pieces against my case gauge and all were within spec.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    There are a couple AK47 flat bending groups that rent the equipment and ship it around like that, but never heard of reloading equipment like that. Just buy the Dillon swager and be done with it. It will earn its keep and last forever, and is well worth the money. You would be surprised how often you will come across crimped in primers.

Don

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    East Texas
    Never heard of anything like you describe. Sounds like a good way to get ripped off for some valuable equipment IMO. Send a $200 piece of equipment to someone who paid $10, never see it again. Or he damages it and sends it on to the next guy. Who damaged it? Who pays to replace it?

If you don't want to spring for the cost of good equipment, I'd suggest sending your brass to someone like Custom Brass Processing in Abilene Texas. He will deprime, full length resize, swage the pocket, trim it to your spec, and tumble it bright for three cents per piece. A heck of a good deal if you ask me. I've used him a lot and recommend him. I checked a number of pieces against my case gauge and all were within spec.

Hmmmmm...That does not sound too bad..!! ( Brass processing not rental )
    I just got 2k 380 OF (Once Fired) brass and 2k 45acp OF brass and have been working on them for about one week now off and on when I can find a COOL SPOT to work in..!!!
    I have NOT made a very big dent in the brass yet...Could use some help sometimes????
    What I really need is for the temp to get below 100deg...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm getting too old for that high heat crap..!!

Don

Top Bottom