• ...and so much more!
  • jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Sorry sir, those nit-wits are an insult to real criminals....., or you are insulting criminals, (still trying figure out which)... :)
    Insulting criminals of course. Most want nothing to do with someone that fights back. Lazy and cowardly, they want the most return for the least work or risk.

from an idjit coffeeholic
    Guns International

cb51

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2017
    Georgetown Tx.
    The only reason I opened this thread was I was curious if things were similar in Texas as Washington D.C. where I grew up. I lived most my life in and around D.C., and in my teens was involved with gang activities. The shootings I saw first hand were all over in a few seconds and a few shots at very close range. I was wondering if anything had changed given my new location and climate. At least here in Texas people have the option of carrying a gun legally which was far different than D.C.

I've had friends shot and they all suffered one gunshot wound. One died and two survived. The fatality was from a single .25acp round from a cheap Raven at little more than arms distance. The one survivor was my friend Eli, who was shot in the stomach with a .22 revolver. He went down with the one shot and was immobile from the pain that he described as a white hot soldering iron twisting around I his gut. The other shooting victim was my friend Danny, who was shot with a .32 in the back of a shoulder during a gang fight. He described it like a ball peen hammer hitting him in the shoulder. In no case was anyone reloading. Soon as the shot was fired, people were running away or diving for cover. The shooter in all cases ran from the scene after shooting.

In some other cases, people who were illegally carrying a gun for self defense and used them, also ran from the scene soon as the attack was over and the attacker down. In all four cases nobody had to reload.

I was curious if things in Texas was different with more people carrying guns of bigger types. So far there seems to be not enough information to judge.

Has anyone here used a gun for defense and had to reload?

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Despite what the liberal media portrays, self-defense shootings are fairly rare events in Texas. I attribute that to the fact that many Texans are armed and don't take shit from criminals!

I would suggest researching your question on the following website, which documents incidents where law-abiding citizens successfully defending themselves from a criminal attack. ..

http://www.gunssavelife.com/

My unscientific opinion is that in most cases reloading never entered the equation. The majority of gunfights are over in a matter of seconds, with the threat either being neutralized or retreating (if they're lucky). Elongated shootouts are mostly either standoffs with the police or the stuff of movies.

It is unlikely that the average armed citizen will ever be involved in a gunfight much less one where they need to reload, but as the old saying goes it is better to have and not need, then need and not have!

Cheers! M2

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    The chances of needing a gun are low and the probability of needing a reload much lower than that. I carry an extra magazine because the extra room needed on the belt is negligible. The most likely scenarios I see needing to reload are when trying to fix a malfunction or an active shooter that I cannot get away from. In the latter situation, I'll probably need every round I have.

Reinz

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 5, 2014
    East TX
    That's called a New York reload.

I’ve always thought these New York Reload holsters were cool as ever, major style points. However I don’t see them being practical due the the added weight.

e72301b5b21b0d03450ef70bd3d94248.jpg

I figure that if I bought one it would be similar to the shoulder rigs I have bought over the years - they just sit in one of the drawers of the chest of drawers filled with nothing but holsters.

2c616a654a349b891a9f4d135b4ed250.jpg

I reckon the J frame rig might not be bad with two Airweights or Air Lites. Or maybe Colt Cobras since they are alloy frame. Would be too heavy with Defective Specials.

RevolverGuy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2013
    "When more than 2 shots were fired, it generally appeared that the defender’s initial response was to fire until empty. It appears that revolver shooters are more likely to empty their guns than autoloader shooters."

I didn't expect that.

How is that surprising? Your talking 5 or 6 in a revo vs usually 10 or more in an auto.

That assertion looks suspicious to me.

Noggin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2016
    I noted the following paragraph in the link that was put up at the start of this thread.

Multiple conspirators were involved in 36% of the incidents. However, there were no apparent cases of getaway drivers or lookouts acting as reinforcements for the criminal actor(s) once shooting starts. At the sound of gunfire, immediate flight was the most common response for drivers and lookouts.

In movies all criminals in a group join in the fight to support their brothers, of course it is total fiction, running away is the only logical decision for them, as an earlier poster pointed out they want maximum payoff for minimum risk, they also know that getting medical treatment for a gunshot wound is going to lead to a load of other problems. Problems that are not an issue for LEO or the law abiding citizen.

Top Bottom