• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • unicom

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2016
    I have Lee’s newest one as well as Hornady’s and the Hornady app. Was thinking about getting a couple others but got to thinking that maybe I don’t need others but now after reading all the responses I will be getting other ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ARJ Defense ad

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I have Lee’s newest one as well as Hornady’s and the Hornady app. Was thinking about getting a couple others but got to thinking that maybe I don’t need others but now after reading all the responses I will be getting other ones.

Nosler, Speer and Sierra have some really good reloading manuals.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    If anybody wants to part with some old unused manuals, I'm a newbie to reloading and only use online data.
    You might try Half Priced books, I have run across several older and some newer books.

Didn't even think about that place. Thanks! I tried Amazon, but nothing much for used manuals.

I was going to suggest Amazon as well. I have ordered gun related books from Amazon, but not reloading manuals.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    The best overall manual is Lyman's. Loaded with good information and the loads cover a broad spectrum of bullets for each cartridge. I have a couple of other old and now outdated manuals, but I rarely use them. I do buy the new Lyman's when they get issued. I tend to look up loads online at the powder manufacturer's web site. That way you get the most updated info for current powders - and it's free. I think that combo - Lyman's and powder manufacturers sites - yields plenty of good info without much cost.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    If anybody wants to part with some old unused manuals, I'm a newbie to reloading and only use online data.

It's an older edition (2004) so it won't have any of the newish cartridges in it, but you might find it to be sufficient enough.

This one is great if you use Western/Accurate powders

And here's one for Alliant Powder.

My go to online source for rifle reloading is Hodgdon's site since I mainly use IMR and Hodgdon powders.

If you are wanting a physical book, I'd recommend Hornady's. I still use my Lyman manual and it's good, but I found that the Hornady manual just did a better job on some things. Lyman tends to be more conservative with some of their data. Hornady not so much. The Lyman manual is great if you want to shoot cast though. They have a ton of cast data for just about every cartridge in the book.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I like the Hodgdon annual manual.
    Magazine type book. All the new stuff every year.
    About ten bucks. Usually find it at the grocery store magazine rack.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Anyone know a manual with load data for .22 lr?
    This guy used Clays
    He lists the load he used. This is just too much work for me.

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    Several different ones from Sierra, Hornaday, Nosler and Berger but mainly use quickload these days. Online powder sites are always worth a look as well.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom