• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • texasislandboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2010
    SA
    anyone use granite on there table i just got done with mine.... frame and top.. sides still need some work but it will look 100x better and i get to reload in the A/C!!!!
    wanted to see if anyone around San Antonio would like a top or a whole table even ill post pics up when i get back from the ranch this weekend
    Target Sports

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Granite? A/C? Man, that's too cool for school!

How do you propose to attach the reloading press to granite? I would worry that the stress would crack the granite after a time.

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    How do you propose to attach the reloading press to granite? I would worry that the stress would crack the granite after a time.

I would think that as long as you drilled the holes through the granite, and then basically sandwiched the granite between two outer layers (to spread the load), then it should be fine. Maybe even drill the holes slightly larger and sleeve them (probably best solution with spreading the load). But I'm with you, I wouldn't attach the press directly to the granite without the load being spread out by something else.

texasislandboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2010
    SA
    haha good to see others thought it was nice! i used a little chunk of yellow pine to spread the load out on the granite i made my table small but i have a three foot slab i would love to make and maybe sell if someone would like one

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Mount the press on a chunk of 2x6 or 8, and mount it to the table with C clamps and another chunk of wood on the bottom. That way it is moveable so you can use the table for other things, and keep the press in a cabinet so it doesn't get covered in dust. You may end up with more than one press, and you won't want them all permanently mounted and in each others way.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I keep everything mounted on seperate boards. That keeps all of my other junk out of the way of what I am using, and I can tip them over to help clean them.

Top Bottom