reloading tables

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by hkusp1, Jun 27, 2009.

1. hkusp1

hkusp1 TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    i would like to get a picture thread about reloading tables because im fixing to build one and need some inspiration, would also like to know the materials used to make a solid reloading table.:icon_popcorn:

2. Bullseye Shooter

Bullseye Shooter Active Member

Apr 28, 2008
    Texas Panhandle
  3. PopsXD9sc

PopsXD9sc Active Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Longview
    Looks like the same one that is listed in ABC's of Reloading. Online version is cheaper than buying ABC's of Reloading. What a deal.

4. baboon

baboon Well-Known

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My frame is built along the guidelines of the one in the PDF file.
    http://www.shotgunsportsmagazine.com...ench_plans.pdf
    I chose not to make it as tall or long as I am limited in space. Did not add the back storage as I wanted the light from the widow.

My top came from Builders Square ( that should give you a clue to it's age) & was on another set up that used a Black & Decker workmate.

My RCBS Rockchucker is off right now, but mounts to the right of my Dillon.

This is a very sturdy set up. My old bench on the Workmate walked all over the place when resizing .308 & .416 Remington mags.

The magnifying light it very handy & I suggest everyone adds one to their set up

5. Gungle George

Gungle George New Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    I rooted around at a few flea markets and found some old kitchen cabinets and counter top for really cheap (20 bucks). Then I made the top shelves out of 1x10's and screwed then to the counter top. Lots of storage and shelf space.
    I don't like storing powder and live ammo in the safe for saftey reasons in case of a fire so I have more shelving to the left of the bench for that as well.

GeorgesOffice001.jpg

Cheers,

Gungle George

6. rl69

rl69 New Member

Mar 9, 2009
    brookeland tex
    reloading bench 002.jpg

reloading bench 001.jpg

7. micah7488

micah7488 Member

rl 69 that is one clean workshop. very nice

8. GM.Chief

GM.Chief Well-Known

Mar 16, 2009
    Some very nice set-ups....now I really have tthe itch to start getting into reloading. Too bad there's not enough components. Oh well, I'll keep saving my brass for now.

9. wshbrngr

wshbrngr Member

Jul 16, 2008
    Texas Hill Country
    Here is my humble setup:
    [​IMG]

I recently completed this bench for my mancave.
    The top is 2 X 12's wrapped in 2 X 6's, using 2 X 4's for supports and legs.
    So far it has been a pretty solid bench.

10. Texas42

Texas42 TGT Addict

Nov 21, 2008
    Temple
    You can really tell the people who are neat freaks.

I try and keep my table clean and organized. . .cause you know dealing with gun powder and explody thinging around my hands and face kind of push me to be careful, but I really have to work on it.

btw, I'm really jealous of you people that can reload with air conditioning.