• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Back in "free America" 30+ years ago yes but now without high liability
    insurance buying reloads from individuals is history.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    I still wouldnt reload for a friend. oldguy hit the nail on the head "without high liability insurance buying reloads from individuals is history".I dont offer to weld anything either or for that matter any kind of repairs and or any kind of help due to lawyers nowadays.

Pappy

Resident Septuagenarian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    Texas
    FWIW, I would not buy reloads from anyone/anywhere. It's factory or my own..
    I trust my reloads first and factory second.

Who knows what the mindset is of the person doing reloads for you. Careless? Under the influence of whatever? Not knowledgeable?

If someone were to give me reloads for free, I would pull them and discard the powder (Gee it looks like xxxx, but can I be sure?).

Sorry to be a downer, but safety is very important...

phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I had a friend ask me to reload for him once, I told him to never let anyone do that for you and he gave me a weird look. I then explained the liability plus the fact that if I hurt myself reloading it' my problem, I wouldn't want to do that to anyone else. I've offered to show many people how to reload before, but they would be cranking the press themselves.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I let friends use my reloader - but won't do it for 'em. They supply the materials and labor, I loan 'em the use of the Dillon 650. Have had a couple get upset w/me - their problem!

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I tried letting a friend use my Dillon. First off he thought I should supply the powder & primers as he bought some bullets. Then after watching me load a few hundred he proceeded to short stroke the press & messed everything up.

Later at the range he had a sqiub. The look on his face when I told him his stupidity was the cause of his $1,700.00 pistol coming to a complete stop.

He broke down & bought a press of his own. My guess is after a lot of trial & errors he will offer it up to me.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom