• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I'm not clear as to why you're getting so wound up and defensive about the recall. Rifles are machines that sometimes break and need maintenance. The rifles are being recalled, repaired and the issues will be made right. It sounds like you're getting what you asked for.

Flash

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    What's the sense in having this thread in two places?

Maybe he meant "countless" as in we don't really know if anyone died from a faulty 700 trigger, so they can't be counted. LOL

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I saw a news special about this issue years ago. A young boy died because of this. Would following the gun safety rules have prevented it? Very likely. Did Remington deny that there was any issue at all? Yes. That is what got me. Total denial that any problem existed. Couldn't happen. The corporate American way.

papalote

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2013
    Papalote
    OK. I understand where your coming from but they aren't recalling all 700s are they. They seem to think the old triggers are safe. I don't know all the facts but I believe some of the older issues came from people trying to "adjust" their triggers. I certainly could be wrong.

STXdevilsquid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Live Oak
    My wife saw this special and told me to get rid of my 700 and trade it in and she would pay the difference for what ever I got, dang it, now I have to send this one in yo get fixed, oh well. At least their gonna clean it for me. Wish they woulda gave me a discount on an R1 instead of the crappy 40% off their site!

Top Bottom