• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • some Beach

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Tomball
    Hey everyone,
    Since I really don't know too much 'bout gun prices I figure lots of people here would know: how much is a used 870 Express 12 ga. going for these days? The wood is dinged a little (no cracks) and it looks like it's been used a lot. Any ideas?

TIA
    Military Camp

GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Not sure, but mine was $280 brand new at Academy. What length barrel does it have? Does it have the extended mag?

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    How used? Barrel length? I'd say not more than $200 for a "gently" used used one and if it is all dinged up that'll take some more off the price and if it has an 18 1/2" barrel on it it was probably just knocked around the closet. If it has a longer barrel on it, it was dinged in the field. And if it was used in the field and is all dinged up it was probably at least slightly abused. Most people (me included) tend to neglect our shotguns a little bit so IMHO a few little signs of use are no big deal, but if it looks like someone dropped it off a moving truck I'd be Leary of paying to much. Are you buying or selling?

some Beach

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Tomball
    Hey BG,
    I think it's the 26" barrel. The barrel has some rust on it but from what I understand these 870's will rust up if you just think about moisture. The wood on the pump was discolored on both sides (where you put your thumb and the other side where you put your fingertips). Reading what you said, I can see how this could have happened if the previous owner would slide it in the back of his/her truck. Nothing else seems to be scratched though, all the metal is smooth.

The seller wants $190 but that's kind of hard to justify since Mossbergs at Academy run about the same price brand new.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    The 870 express that I have has dove hunted in the rain and not rusted. A buddy of mine had and 870 express that would rust just for the hell of it and would do so no matter what you did to stop it but that is the only case I've seen of retarded rusting 870's. But I think that does a little high. I would offer around $80-$100 but for damn sure I would not pass $100.

some Beach

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Tomball
    I ended up buying a Mossberg Maverick short barrel HD 12 gauge for $160 out the door (if I remember right).

Look at my other thread, the one about my ex-wife giving my neighbor all my guns. I owned this shotgun for about 3 days before it went to Mr. Anti-Gun neighbor. :( I didn't even get to shoot it.

Top Bottom