• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chevydeerhunter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    San Antonio
    There have been a few threads that have gone way off topic and some posters have resorted to personal attacks. This is a no-no.

We're all for encouraging discussions and debates as long as they're done in a respectful and decent manner. We can debate like adults without resorting to arguing and childish name calling.

I want to keep this forum lively but respectful and I know I will start handing out infractions and bans if it starts to get out of hand.

Thanks.

-Ray
    Hurley's Gold

juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    If one more thread goes out of hand I am making no-politics a rule.

As much as I hate restrictions, I'm afraid we are headed there on a speeding train. We have managed to accumulate "established" members who are purposefully abrasive in their comments towards others. If we could get past the childish acts and be able to conduct ourselves as the adults we pretend to be we would be able to discuss anything and everything we choose. However, since some people view differences in beliefs as persecution it is nearly impossible to do such things without these types of results. The "No Political Threads" rule over on Sigforum is both working great and bringing about a lot of banned members at the same time. Basically all we can do is look at it as "your house, your rules." I personally enjoy the political side of things but it is almost never good on this blasted intardweb. Guess I'll shut up now.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    As much as I hate restrictions, I'm afraid we are headed there on a speeding train. We have managed to accumulate "established" members who are purposefully abrasive in their comments towards others. If we could get past the childish acts and be able to conduct ourselves as the adults we pretend to be we would be able to discuss anything and everything we choose. However, since some people view differences in beliefs as persecution it is nearly impossible to do such things without these types of results. The "No Political Threads" rule over on Sigforum is both working great and bringing about a lot of banned members at the same time. Basically all we can do is look at it as "your house, your rules." I personally enjoy the political side of things but it is almost never good on this blasted intardweb. Guess I'll shut up now.

I have no problem with politics as long as we can remains adults and not a bunch of f-ing school children. I am livid about how things are going in the Off-Topic thread and my ban stick is needing a few more notches.

Top Bottom