Reminder of why you need a CHL

Texas1911

TGT Addict
May 29, 2017
Austin, TX
APD got tipped off to a disgruntled previous employee of Walmart that had written a suicide note that was found by his wife. In the note it talked about him taking a gun to Walmart and shooting the place up. APD arrived and found the man in the parking lot shortly before the shooting took place; foiling his attempts to clean house.

This Walmart is less than a mile down the road and I've gone there many times. Theres a million "could of happens" involved, but good work was done by APD.

It can happen anywhere.

SIG_Fiend

Administrator
TGT Supporter
Admin
Feb 21, 2008
Austin, TX
Oh crap THAT Walmart? Man, I used to go in there all the time, especially when I was bored, to buy movies and stuff. Damn, I need to turn in my CHL paperwork already. I've procrastinated on that so much I'll probably have to take the darn class again.

JKTex

Well-Known
Mar 11, 2008
DFW, North Texas
You're right. If anyone knows Flower Mound, it's no "hood" by any means and is generally thought of as quite affluent but affordable. Many high profile people, pro athletes etc. who are family oriented live out here for great housing, school ect.

My wife was in the local Kohl's last week and heard someone yell. Apparently FMPD attempted to pull a young black male over and whatever happened, he ditched the car and ran into the store to hide.

They caught him without incident and hauled him and his car away.

Oh and the best, about a month ago a white kid driving a "riced out" Celica as I heard it described, walked into a pharmacy and robbed them of a large quantity of a specific drug. He showed a gun in his waist band but walked out and drove off.

The pharmacy is in a shopping center and faces the back door of the new FMPD and court building. Literally 100 yards away.

Another pair of bored well to do kids from the DFW area tried to rob the Albertsons a few months ago as well. They got caught.

We have a lot of really nice, newly opened retail business including large scale shopping/dining centers that has attracted a whole new element out here in "the bubble".

People wonder why I carry, even out here.

dukalmighty

May 7, 2008
I carry 24/7 where it's legal,I don't have a crystal ball to consult about any threats I may incur and things like that

brainiac

Mar 7, 2008
Parker County
Basically comes down to stupid people are everywhere.
According to the late great Jeff Cooper's classic book "Principles of Self Defense", something like 2% of the general population are sociopaths - so any place you are with 100 or more of your fellow beings, 2 of them are likely to be nut jobs of one variety or another. :eek: Some of them are violent and/or unpredictable.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
May 29, 2017
Austin, TX
According to the late great Jeff Cooper's classic book "Principles of Self Defense", something like 2% of the general population are sociopaths - so any place you are with 100 or more of your fellow beings, 2 of them are likely to be nut jobs of one variety or another. :eek: Some of them are violent and/or unpredictable.
Maybe I am one of them, but I personally can see how the pressures of our society can drive people to do irrational things. I would say that 30 - 40% of the normalized population is capable of doing such a thing given enough stress. Just look at the prevalence of suicide, and the attention the media gives them on a larger scale each time. As responsibility dwindles in society I fear this will become a problem beyond a sociopathic issue.

DopaVash

Apr 23, 2008
Kingwood, Tx
Maybe I am one of them, but I personally can see how the pressures of our society can drive people to do irrational things. I would say that 30 - 40% of the normalized population is capable of doing such a thing given enough stress. Just look at the prevalence of suicide, and the attention the media gives them on a larger scale each time. As responsibility dwindles in society I fear this will become a problem beyond a sociopathic issue.

The most feared word in today's Society. :(

stockFD3S

Apr 19, 2008
Leon Valley, TX
The most feared word in today's Society. :(
You mean we aren't supposed to put blame on everything else instead of taking responsibility?

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member