Remington .22 Blew Up in my Ruger Mark 2

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by fedupdon, Sep 20, 2008.

1. fedupdon

fedupdon New Member

Sep 8, 2008
    anyone know how to get in contact with remmington i was at a local indoor range when one of there 22 exploded in my ruger mark 2 was wanting to let them know and wil send the case if needed

2. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Remington's ammo is junk. Especially their .22 ... it used to not be that bad, but man I will never run that in my guns ever again.

I use Federal or CCI .22 ... have had good luck with it.

I would call Remington directly and tell them that a overcharged load destroyed your pistol. Especially a Ruger, that's a rather robust pistol for that caliber.

3. Bullseye Shooter

Bullseye Shooter Active Member

Apr 28, 2008
    Texas Panhandle
    Remington Arms: 1-800-243-9700
    They'll want the lot number off the box so they can issue a factory recall.

4. Pony

Pony Member

May 17, 2008
    Azle, TX
    I was recently given a Ruger pistol and a Mossberg rifle, both in .22 by the F-I-L.
    He gave me a couple of boxes of "Remington Mohawk" , labeled "22 Long Rifle Hi-Speed" and labelled elsewhere "MK-22"- should I throw them away?

5. fedupdon

fedupdon New Member

Sep 8, 2008
    remmington ammo

after having a gunsmith ck out the ruger it seems to be ok thanks to rugers being well made no reply from remminton on the ammo

6. TexasFats

TexasFats Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    I bought one of those big boxes of 575 rounds of Remington. Never again! I got tired of clearing misfires. Usually, if I would reload the dud so that the firing pin hit a different part of the rim, then it would go. But it was garbage. Also, I won't be shooting any more American Eagle (droppings) again. Same story. I normally shoot CCI Standard Velocity in my Buckmark. Good stuff--a bit higher cost, but good.

7. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    American Eagle is a cheaper subsidiary of Federal btw. I've found that the Federal .22 is good, as is CCI / Blazer.

8. Peter M. Eick

Peter M. Eick Member

Mar 9, 2008
    Houston
    I had a lot of misfires with remington high speed recently. When it fires it works well, but after several hits in different parts of the rim, I think the primer compound is just missing.

9. fedupdon

fedupdon New Member

Sep 8, 2008
    remmington

how long would you give remmington to respond to a complaint

10. PrimitiveHunter

PrimitiveHunter Member

Aug 6, 2008
    Whitesboro, TX
    About 100 years. They know their ammo is crap so they probably have no intentions of answering complaints. They probably figure it will take at least a decade before people just quit buying their junk. The big boys will have their golden retirements set and the little guys will get what they always get.