• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fedupdon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    anyone know how to get in contact with remmington i was at a local indoor range when one of there 22 exploded in my ruger mark 2 was wanting to let them know and wil send the case if needed
    DK Firearms

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Remington's ammo is junk. Especially their .22 ... it used to not be that bad, but man I will never run that in my guns ever again.

I use Federal or CCI .22 ... have had good luck with it.

I would call Remington directly and tell them that a overcharged load destroyed your pistol. Especially a Ruger, that's a rather robust pistol for that caliber.

Pony

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Azle, TX
    I was recently given a Ruger pistol and a Mossberg rifle, both in .22 by the F-I-L.
    He gave me a couple of boxes of "Remington Mohawk" , labeled "22 Long Rifle Hi-Speed" and labelled elsewhere "MK-22"- should I throw them away?

fedupdon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    remmington ammo

after having a gunsmith ck out the ruger it seems to be ok thanks to rugers being well made no reply from remminton on the ammo

TexasFats

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    I bought one of those big boxes of 575 rounds of Remington. Never again! I got tired of clearing misfires. Usually, if I would reload the dud so that the firing pin hit a different part of the rim, then it would go. But it was garbage. Also, I won't be shooting any more American Eagle (droppings) again. Same story. I normally shoot CCI Standard Velocity in my Buckmark. Good stuff--a bit higher cost, but good.

Peter M. Eick

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Houston
    I had a lot of misfires with remington high speed recently. When it fires it works well, but after several hits in different parts of the rim, I think the primer compound is just missing.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2008
    Whitesboro, TX
    About 100 years. They know their ammo is crap so they probably have no intentions of answering complaints. They probably figure it will take at least a decade before people just quit buying their junk. The big boys will have their golden retirements set and the little guys will get what they always get.

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    I just put 550 rounds of Remington .22 through my Ruger Mk III. I didn't have a problem. I also didn't know it had a history of being so crappy. CCI Stingers is real good stuff but kind of high.

fedupdon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    remmington

i recvied a call from the remmington ammo plant they want me to ship whats left of that ammo to them along with any duds and the the ones i pulled the bulllets out of then after they run there test they will replace it
    thats more than i had thought they would do one rep told me it was .22 and was the cheapiest amo made and i should not be surprised to find a few duds that pissed me off but the ammo plant was more concred that it was a bad lot

Top Bottom