Remington 30-06 Springfield

spriceprize

Dec 19, 2013
How many variables are there of them and how can i idendify a special model and year it was built?

Blind Sniper

Well-Known
Apr 12, 2013
Bay City, MI
Variant number depends on the action type and base model. Is it a bolt, pump, or semi-auto? (I think Remington made a pump-action .30-06, at least)

As far as tracing it, the serial number is always a good place to start. Which reminds me, I've got to trace my dad's old 700 so we can get the damn thing fixed.

Acera

TGT Addict
Jan 17, 2011
Republic of Texas
Upload some pictures of it and many folks will be more than happy to help you with the questions.

(Some will be happy to help you out if you decide you don't want it also :) )

spriceprize

Dec 19, 2013
Thanks for the information,actually im trying to sell it and want to know everything about it

Its in MINT condition if anyone is interested

Its a Semi and there my knowlage of firearms ends :)

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Admin
Nov 22, 2011
Spring
Its a Semi...
Identifying that basic characteristic is a good start.

...there my knowlage of firearms ends
That's not true.

I say that's not true because you are certainly capable of reading the markings on the firearm and posting what you find. (That'll tell us the model and chambering, among other things.) You also know how long you have had it so you know it must be older than a certain age. You know where you got it and can tell us about that. For example, if you bought it as a new firearm in a gun store 5 years ago, then we have a pretty good idea that it's about 5 years old. If you tell us it's been sitting in a closet the whole time since then, we'll have a pretty good guess about the condition. Combine all that with a model number (engraved on the firearm, somewhere) and the smart folks around here can probably provide you with a reasonably accurate range of values.

I assume, of course, that you're willing to do that small amount of work, at minimum, to maximize your return.

Let me help you start. Does it look like this?

750-prod_zps00ffdd9c.jpg

Or like this?

r-15_bse-prod_zps93917be3.jpg

Or like this?

remington_740_rifle_zps820cc1f0.jpg

Or like this?

DSCF0503_zps1b459df9.jpg

Or none of the above?

Last edited:

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Admin
Nov 22, 2011
Spring
That would be a model 740. When you next have access to it, read everything engraved on it and post back. Then post some good closeup pictures. We're certainly willing to help you figure out what you've got.

Spcwolf

Apr 16, 2013
Conroe tx
I shot one of those before, wasn't a fan. My brother still has it, it had continual feeding problems.

Top Bottom