• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kfog

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Houston
    well we got a little present from our friends at Remington today, two new 887 pump shotguns! got to fondle it a little bit and from my quick overview came up with a few pros/cons

pros:
    weight
    shoulders great
    liked the sights (dual bead, both fiber optic)
    will chamber 3 1/2"
    price ($339.99 right now at cabela's)

cons:
    slide release button was on the front of the trigger guard (could possibly pinch your finger when releasing and cycling the action)
    not built on the 870 action

thats really all i can tell without a little more time to play with it and shoot it. seems like a really well put together gun and looks to be a great addition to a waterfowler's arsenal. we'll see how people like it compared to the benelli nova's

for those who don't know much about it, here's the link to remington's site on the 887

Model 887™ Nitro Magnum SPS

and hey travis, you need to play with this guy next time you're at work and let us know what you think too man
    Capitol Armory ad

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I liked my 887. I would still have it but for the deal of a lifetime. Anyways, two complaints. It came with the wrong plug. The gun would hold 3+1 with the plug in. Easy to fix and Remington sent out the correct one without me even asking. Also, the end of the chamber/ barrel has a sharp edge on it. When loading 2 3/4 shells from the mag tube, sometimes it would shave some plastic off the side of the shell. Once it was bad enough to spill shot out of the shell. I am curious if they fixed this problem. Not hard to do with a Dremel if you take the barrel off. I didn't get the chance to shoot longer shells out of it, so I don't know if it happened with those.

Other than those minor complaints, I liked it. The looks and feel of the gun are excellent. Honestly though, I would probably buy a Supernova over it. I owned both, and the Nova just seemed to fit me better.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I have played around with them a little bit Kyle. Next time lets go load them up and shoot some clays in the parking lot at work! lol j/k They're okay, though I found the bolt release seemed to be very "sticky" and required a lot of force to activate. Not a bad gun, though for the price I think the Benelli Nova or Supernova are nicer guns overall.

kfog

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Houston
    I found the bolt release seemed to be very "sticky" and required a lot of force to activate.

i agree completely, very sticky. you'd think that remington and all the knowledge they have gotten from the 870 being around so long that they could have noticed that. granted they were trying to go ground up with a brand new pump gun, but i mean come on. that shouldn't be an issue

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom