• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    That's what happens when your quality control goes to complete shit in a highly competitive market.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Sad.
    Big Green has a long history of great firearms.
    Once the bean counter types took them over their products went to Hades.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Surprised it didn't happen sooner. My brother in law bought an 870 in 1994. Compare that to any 870 today and it is a night and day difference in quality. That shotgun he has is nothing but quality and that is what Remington use to be

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Good thing my ammo rebate already shipped.

This isn't a big surprise. Hopefully this means they can get out from under Freedom Group and work to salvage their brand.

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    Cerberus grossly over-leveraged 'Marlington' - to the tune of $950 Million! Not only did QC go down the toilet (I think it's composting in the septic tank), Marlington needlessly bought Bushmaster. When a Bushmaster AR was used in Sandy Hook, several key investors pulled their cash, combined with the slow-down in the industry POOF bankrupt.
    Basically, the same thing that oftentimes happens when some big 'capital group' buys business in a specialty or boutique industry, they don't hire managers that know the industry (Cerberus reportedly fired the entire Marlin staff) which is followed by the company heading directly towards the drain.
    Hopefully somebody with some sense will buy the whole mess, and quality will return!

Eli

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Yes, hopefully someone buys out the name and brings it back.
    Marlin seems to be doing okay. Sure do wish they would make a few models like they did 100yrs ago.
    About 60 years ago Marlin made a hammerless lever action rifle named the Levermatic.
    They should revisit that design but update it to use an interchangeable mag well/different barrel lengths/threaded muzzle/etc.
    The suppressed gun shooters would like it as it would function with all ammo.
    The states where semi-auto is a problem it could be owned easily.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...on-will-cede-control-to-lenders-in-bankruptcy

Gun ownership has become more concentrated as a result, with a small sliver of gun owners owning a growing segment of America’s firearms inventory, according to the Harvard Injury Control Research Center. These gun buyers have come to be known as “super owners” and one study, conducted by Harvard and Northeastern universities, concluded that about half the guns in America are owned by only 3 percent of the adult population, with an average of 17 firearms each.

Super Owner!!! :banana:Look ma, I made it!!!!!!

It's not anywhere near Superman, but I'll take it. :roflfunny:

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Good thing my ammo rebate already shipped.

This isn't a big surprise. Hopefully this means they can get out from under Freedom Group and work to salvage their brand.

Yep. The Freedom group is nothing more than a bunch of damn bean counters and have no passion for the firearms themselves. I mean look at the crap pistols Big Green put out recently - the re-introduced R51, which was so bad they were shipping them back in Pelican cases to assuage the buyers. The RP9 looks like a Hi-Point on a slimfast diet.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Yes, hopefully someone buys out the name and brings it back.
    Marlin seems to be doing okay. Sure do wish they would make a few models like they did 100yrs ago.
    About 60 years ago Marlin made a hammerless lever action rifle named the Levermatic.
    They should revisit that design but update it to use an interchangeable mag well/different barrel lengths/threaded muzzle/etc.
    The suppressed gun shooters would like it as it would function with all ammo.
    The states where semi-auto is a problem it could be owned easily.

I think someone already makes a lever action AR looming rifle. Not sure if it's in the US though.

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Yep. The Freedom group is nothing more than a bunch of damn bean counters and have no passion for the firearms themselves. .....
    I sincerely hope that this is the case. The paranoid in me keeps thinking that Freedom Group is anti-gun and this was their plan from the very began. Gotta go, there's a black helicopter hovering outside my window.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    These gun buyers have come to be known as “super owners” and one study, conducted by Harvard and Northeastern universities, concluded that about half the guns in America are owned by only 3 percent of the adult population, with an average of 17 firearms each.

I don't believe that.

LOCKHART

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Lockhart, Texas
    Bill Ruger, Sr, tried to buy Smith & Wesson, but was out bid. Maybe the forward looking owners of Ruger could put forward an effort to at least get Remington, if not Marlin also.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Bill Ruger, Sr, tried to buy Smith & Wesson, but was out bid. Maybe the forward looking owners of Ruger could put forward an effort to at least get Remington, if not Marlin also.
    Didn't he jump on the original Assualt Weapons Ban bandwagon, or am I thinking of some other gun maker?

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    if 17 guns makes you a super owner I think I must be a super duper owner

Top Bottom