Join TexasGunTalk

Remington files Chapter 11 bankruptcy

Discussion in 'News Articles' started by LOCKHART, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Younggun

Younggun Doer of Deeds TGT Supporter Admin

Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Screw those commie metric rounds. Sounds like more Nazi shit to me. Fascist commies!

Davetex and TheDan like this.
  2. Omegaheat

Omegaheat New Member

Dec 29, 2017
    San Antonio Texas
    Man that was my first firearm was a Remington 1911 R1 and I thought it was made perfectly. I saw no quality flaws to be honest but this is truly sad.

3. easy rider

easy rider Allotropic Transformer TGT Supporter

Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Didn't Colt just go through Chap. 11 a couple years back?

4. jrbfishn

jrbfishn TGT Addict

Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    More than a couple years.

Sent from my NXA8LTE116 using Tapatalk

5. AustinN4

AustinN4 TGT Addict

Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Cerberus Hands Gunmaker to Wall Street Creditors at Tense Moment

"Amid rage over the Feb. 14 Florida school shooting, Feinberg’s Remington Outdoor Co. is trying to pull off a swift trip through the court. The process will hand ownership of the guns-and-ammunition conglomerate from Feinberg’s private investment firm, Cerberus Capital Management, to such well-known names as Franklin Resources Inc. and JPMorgan Asset Management and their broad customer bases.

"The soon-to-be owners, who still must line up fresh financing, won’t operate the company for long, according to people with knowledge of the matter. They’ll seek to sell it in whole or part soon after the reorganized firm emerges from bankruptcy court, the people said."

More at: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...aker-to-wall-street-creditors-at-tense-moment

6. oldag

oldag TGT Addict

Feb 19, 2015
    If I am not mistaken, I think some of the tax law changes discourage the highly leveraged takeovers. This should help.