• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chevydeerhunter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    San Antonio
    I have a Winchester 70 Black Shadow with a synthetic stock chambered in 7mm Rem Mag and it kicks like a pissed off mule. I've been wanting to try this managed recoil ammo and Remington claims there isn't any difference in performance from your regular ammo out to 200 yards, but I don't know.
    Has anyone tried this ammo and how does it perform on deer and such?
    Lynx Defense

DarkRook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2008
    East Houston Area
    My father-in-law has a bad right shoulder from where he was injured in the Navy. Arthritis setting in it. He asked me what he could do to reduce his 308 from kicking him so hard. I found him a butt pad with this jell stuff with a nice looking leather rap around and lace-up rig. I got it at the Pasadena High Cal gun show. I got some of the Remington Reduced Recoil ammo and shot targets with it to see if there was much difference with the zero from his rifle, and compared it with standard ammo of the same type. There was no difference with the zero at 100 yards. I also shot some objects for penetration with both ammos, wood and phone books taped together. I could not tell the difference between them. With the 308 I did not notice much difference with the recoil, but he did. No we have not taken any game with it as of yet. But I liked it so much that I got some for my other rifle which is a 7mm Mag. It made a huge difference with the recoil. My son who was 15 at the time and weight about 120lbs tried shooting the 7mm and was unable to control it due to the recoil can do so with the Reduced Recoil loads. The shot groups and penetration were the same as well when I compared it with other ammo off the shelf still at 100 yards.

DarkRook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2008
    East Houston Area
    Yes, that too would be a good ideal unless the rifle in question is worth a lot of money and installing a muzzle brake would reduce the over all value of the rifle. Which in this case was the issue.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom