• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bfm0072

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Georgetown
    The Model 60 thread got me to thinking of of my little Remington and was wondering if anyone else owned or had one. I had one befor and it was stolen with several other guns. Then I was in Louisiana and found this one for $100 and bought it.
    Target Sports

Attachments

• Nylon 66 001.jpg
      Nylon 66 001.jpg
      47.3 KB · Views: 448

308nato

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Between Tomball & Waller
    I had a black and chrome one back in the 60's and wish I still had it as
    it was a great little shooter.
    Last year I went to a Pasadena gun show a a fellow there had about 10
    or 15 of them for salebut at 500 and 600 dollars the guy was out of his mind at that price.
    I have seen them for about 100 to 200 on some auction sites.

bfm0072

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Georgetown
    "Last year I went to a Pasadena gun show a a fellow there had about 10
    or 15 of them for salebut at 500 and 600"

These seem to have become a collectors item of sorts. The black and chrome I think are a little more rare as the green stocked ones are really rare. I love mine, it is a good little shooter.

Ranger60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Taylor
    I still have my 66 bought new way back when. Has the original Weaver 4X scope on it. Great little .22. I'm sure if I check my files I even have the instruction manual.

jim t

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Hawley Texas
    my father in law had one, the chrome and black. my wife learned to shoot with it. when he died his son got the guns. it has never been shot since that day. standing in a closet all by it self. wish I could talk him out of that gun and the others.

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    I have the green model, which there doesn't seem to be too many of them around. BFM0072, how is that scope mounted to your Nylon? Can you offer any details about the mount and scope? Thanks.

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    Not mine. I've put a minimum of 40,000+ rounds down the barrel over the years and rarely a misfeed. Did you take your Nylon apart and clean it, or not clean it as Remington suggests? I only ever clean the barrel.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I had two of the brown ones and really liked them. Got stupid and sold them before the current price craziness hit. I took one apart one time but realized it was a waste of time. I even removed the metal receiver plate and found out.....Yikes, the bolt runs in a plastic (OK...nylon) groove! The receiver plate is a fake. There's no metal there!

Brushing in some Hoppes #9 and blowing it out with an air hose ought to be plenty of cleaning. Oiling then another blast of air to remove the excess and it should be ready to go.

Flash

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    My Nylon is my favorite gun...just a plain fun plinking and hunting rifle. I inherited it from my Dad who had long since lost the owner's manual, so for years I took that thing apart and had a hell of a time putting it back together. Finally, I contacted Remington and they sent me a link to download a copy of the manual. THAT'S when I found out no cleaning is recommended except for the barrel! :banghead: I need to amend my will because I have no one to leave it to, and Hawg put dibs on it some months ago...

junkyguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    trail dust , your green one would be an apache model sold exclusivly by k-mart inc. a good friend of mine just got one a while back and we did the research on them it is one of the least produced models of the nylon series so you may want to hang on to it .
    I have in waiting a model 10-c which is the clip fed version , my dad owns this one now and bought it new back in the early 70's and I don't think he has fired more than a 50 ct box of ammo through it .
    the mohawk 77 which was the most common model of the series sold for $49 when it first hit the market as we all know they sold like hot cakes !

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    trail dust , your green one would be an apache model sold exclusivly by k-mart inc. a good friend of mine just got one a while back and we did the research on them it is one of the least produced models of the nylon series so you may want to hang on to it .
    I have in waiting a model 10-c which is the clip fed version , my dad owns this one now and bought it new back in the early 70's and I don't think he has fired more than a 50 ct box of ammo through it .
    the mohawk 77 which was the most common model of the series sold for $49 when it first hit the market as we all know they sold like hot cakes !

I know it wasn't bought at K-mart since my Dad got it at Clark AFB in the Philippines in 1964. Definitely will hang onto this gun till the day I die as it's always been my favorite gun...it's such a fun gun. Like I said, I think I'll be willing it to my buddy Hawghauler when I bite the big one some day....

bfm0072

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Georgetown
    Traildust, sorry for a late reply but I have been away from the forum for awhile.
    It is a two piece mount that clamps the groove and a rail on the scope. The split is down the length of the mount. I do not know the manufaturer as it came with the gun.

Top Bottom