• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    Not sure about the accuracy but do know that the company that owns Remington also owns Bushmaster, DPMS and COBB Industries which all have good names for themselves.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Not sure about the accuracy but do know that the company that owns Remington also owns Bushmaster, DPMS and COBB Industries which all have good names for themselves.

I am not taking anything away from Remington, or Bushmaster, DPMS, etc., but when the holding company is an equity investment firm, you cannot assume the same quality standards across all of its companies. Just saying...

And I have been thinking about buying an R25 myself...if I could ever find one.

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    I am not taking anything away from Remington, or Bushmaster, DPMS, etc., but when the holding company is an equity investment firm, you cannot assume the same quality standards across all of its companies. Just saying...

And I have been thinking about buying an R25 myself...if I could ever find one.

Academy here in Wichita falls had them a while back but not sure about now.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Academy here in Wichita falls had them a while back but not sure about now.

I only saw the R-15 (5.56) in a couple of the Houston Academy stores, but Gander did have a few R-25's back before the election...before I was really thinking about it. Haven't seen any since then.

Bily Lovec

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    scattered academy's in houston get the R25 occasionally, I saw two in the new one on I10/bunker hill. yesterday they had a R25 in 243.

the R-25 is made by DPMS for remington.
    the R-15 is made bushmaster for remington.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Cabela's in Kyle (Austin) has a R25. You might be able to order it through the store up there.

I've shot an R25, and frankly it shot 1 MOA, maybe a hair less.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    The only ones we usually have at Cabelas (think we only have 1 in stock right now) are usually in .243, just fyi.

jdh

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    The only ones we usually have at Cabelas (think we only have 1 in stock right now) are usually in .243, just fyi.

There were 5 on the rack Friday. If one had been one in 308 it would have went home with me. I have no desire for a 6mm-08 though.

BTW Texas 1911, Cabela's is in Buda not Kyle. You can bet your boots Kyle wishes it was in their city limits so they could get the sales tax that store generates.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Are you asking about the .223 or .308???

I have the R25 .308 - Could offer input

Also how are you planning on using it? Hunting? Target? SHTF?

I think the .223 rifle is called the R15. What is your R25 used for? I want my AR in .308 to be set up primarily for SHTF, but not exclusively (e.g., I wouldn't mind using it on pigs on occasion).

Top Bottom