Hurley's Gold

SOLD REMINGTON ROLLING BLOCK MILITARY RIFLED-MUSKET (SAN ANTONIO)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Friends,

I'm selling my Remington Rolling Block Rifled-Musket in "full military dress" & in NRA EXCELLENT condition for 500.oo cash.

The R-M is in .50-70 US Government caliber.

I'm selling the rifled-musket, to partially fund buying 2 Danish Rolling Block muskets, that are NOT rebuilt/refinished & are still in the original Danish military-issue RIM-FIRE caliber.
    (UN-modified Danish RB muskets are VERY rare, as the King of Denmark, well over a century ago ordered that ALL of the stock of R-M be returned to the Copenhagen Royal Arsenal for rebuilding/conversion to the (then) new center-fire 11.7x51mm caliber.)

A face-to-face inspection & sale is preferred but (IF you have a C&R license) I'm willing to ship the R-M to the buyer by USPS/UPS & at the customer's expense.

yours,satx
    email: texasnative46@gmail.com
    DK Firearms

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Do you have photos?

SQLGeek,

NOPE. - NO camera NOR the knowledge of how to use one and/or post photos.
    (I'm semi-illiterate" in computer stuff & a far better at pre-1900 skills.)

Further, I wouldn't buy anything like an antique rifle/musket based on photos. = It's TOO EASY for a "crook" to play games with photos.

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    papalote,

You request is WHY I prefer ONLY face-to-face inspections/sales.
    (I've bought/sold lots of things on the forums that I belong to & absent any photos and/or complaints from the buyer and/or me.)
    My last sale of a quality 1910 Colt Police Positive Special brought the purchaser from North of Ft Worth to SA.

I don't even OWN a camera any more, after I couldn't get film locally for my old camera any more. - I gave it to Goodwill in 2014.

BTW, here in TX many folks, including me, drive >100 miles 1-way to eat BBQ, so I don't see a short road-trip as a problem IF a person really wants a NICE RRB rifled-musket.
    (.50-70 R-M aren't easy to find in good shape.)

Come to The Alamo City & I'll take you to lunch at the "best Tex-Mex hole in the wall".
    (More fistfights have started over which cafe has the city's BEST Tex-Mex joint than there has been started over adultery)

yours, satx

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    sergeant69,

NOPE. - I'd sooner drive to LOCKHART for BBQ'd pork chops. = That's nearly 4.5 hours round-trip just for lunch, after going to pick-up my daughter.
    (I have no idea if the Sinton, TX area even has a good place to eat.)

NOTE: People who know me on these forums KNOW that I don't collect or sell JUNK (in the event that I'm selling one thing, out of the collection, to buy something rarer.)

Also, personal to the reader who asked me. "Who has the unmodified Danish RB muskets?": NO, I won't tell you who has them in DK. - You are welcome to come to SA & see them, after they are in my collection.

yours, satx

Last edited:

papalote

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2013
    Papalote
    SA if you have eaten at the best BBQ places in Texas you must have driven 100 miles to eat at Smolik's in Mathis. Its just down I37 from you. And the best hole in the wall Mex food Is in Sinton, TX. Papalote

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

SORRY to the numerous folks, who wrote me an email or messaged me by PM: The Rifled-Musket is SOLD & headed to the metro Houston area of SE Texas.

THANKS Gents for your interest.

yours, satx

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994