Remote Controlled Targets?

greenchevy94

Feb 4, 2009
Carthage, Tx
I was wanting a set of targets that will pop-up into place with the push of a remote button. Are they out there for sale somewhere? If not, I think I have a fairly inexpensive way to make them. Would people buy them?
The system I am going to fabricate would be run with a 12V battery and wireless remote control(simple and functional). You could have a friend use the remote to trigger the targets to come up at random while you shoot. It would probably be in the $500 or less range(which I think is very reasonable) with a number of target options up to, lets say six. Thanks for the feedback.

kville79

May 24, 2008
Austin
Army uses targets like these on all there ranges. Probably cost more than $500 per though, but the thought of someone actually making them ALOT cheaper than what the army pays for them isn't an uncommon idea.

Andrewh

Apr 29, 2008
Are you talking about reseting knock down targets, or pop up like hogans alley type?

greenchevy94

Feb 4, 2009
Carthage, Tx
When the remote button is depressed, they will pop-up into place. When you shoot them, they will fall down and lock into place, ready to be activated again.

greenchevy94

Feb 4, 2009
Carthage, Tx
Army uses targets like these on all there ranges. Probably cost more than $500 per though, but the thought of someone actually making them ALOT cheaper than what the army pays for them isn't an uncommon idea.
I have got the way to do it alot cheaper. Maybe in few weeks I will have all the parts, and get some video up. I want them to be affordable. They will be so much fun.

Nate C

Mar 30, 2008
Black Cat Ridge
For under $500? I doubt if a commercially-available set could be had for that little. If you come up with a viable home-built design, by all means share with the audience.

greenchevy94

Feb 4, 2009
Carthage, Tx
For under $500? I doubt if a commercially-available set could be had for that little. If you come up with a viable home-built design, by all means share with the audience.
You bet I will. I have fabricated much more difficult than this. Coming soon! I'm gonna make a few for myself, but was wondering if anyone else would be interested for patent reasons. Would you buy it?

Mot45acp

Jan 24, 2009
I have thought about tying a helium filled balloon with about 3 feet of string to drive down range.
Seems like it would be fun to do with a buddy as long as it wasnt at a formal range where it would interfere with others shooting.

Lmccrock

Nov 7, 2008
Red Rock. TX
LaRue targets come to mind. Considerably over $500.

Lee

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads