• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • greenchevy94

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Carthage, Tx
    I was wanting a set of targets that will pop-up into place with the push of a remote button. Are they out there for sale somewhere? If not, I think I have a fairly inexpensive way to make them. Would people buy them?
    The system I am going to fabricate would be run with a 12V battery and wireless remote control(simple and functional). You could have a friend use the remote to trigger the targets to come up at random while you shoot. It would probably be in the $500 or less range(which I think is very reasonable) with a number of target options up to, lets say six. Thanks for the feedback.
    Capitol Armory ad

kville79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2008
    Austin
    Army uses targets like these on all there ranges. Probably cost more than $500 per though, but the thought of someone actually making them ALOT cheaper than what the army pays for them isn't an uncommon idea.

Andrewh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2008
    Are you talking about reseting knock down targets, or pop up like hogans alley type?

greenchevy94

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Carthage, Tx
    When the remote button is depressed, they will pop-up into place. When you shoot them, they will fall down and lock into place, ready to be activated again.

greenchevy94

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Carthage, Tx
    Army uses targets like these on all there ranges. Probably cost more than $500 per though, but the thought of someone actually making them ALOT cheaper than what the army pays for them isn't an uncommon idea.

I have got the way to do it alot cheaper. Maybe in few weeks I will have all the parts, and get some video up. I want them to be affordable. They will be so much fun.

Nate C

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Black Cat Ridge
    For under $500? I doubt if a commercially-available set could be had for that little. If you come up with a viable home-built design, by all means share with the audience.

greenchevy94

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Carthage, Tx
    For under $500? I doubt if a commercially-available set could be had for that little. If you come up with a viable home-built design, by all means share with the audience.

You bet I will. I have fabricated much more difficult than this. Coming soon! I'm gonna make a few for myself, but was wondering if anyone else would be interested for patent reasons. Would you buy it?

Mot45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    I have thought about tying a helium filled balloon with about 3 feet of string to drive down range.
    Seems like it would be fun to do with a buddy as long as it wasnt at a formal range where it would interfere with others shooting.

Top Bottom