• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    Can’t always be at the ranch, and I like to keep an eye on things. Got more than a few game cameras watching, but I have to go pull the cards to get the pics.

Have a few Wi-Fi cams around the inside of the house as a way to backup the alarms.

Bought some 4gLTEgane cameras to back up the Wi-Fi cams.

Just picked up a mixture of wifi and 4g security cans for perimeter and sentry observations.

Game cam 4g SIM cards are way down. 360 day unlimited data for $96 makes this an easy decision.

Guns International

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

We live on semi-rural acreage & have similar concerns. Have had 2 different nocturnal “armed intruder” incidents in the past 18mos.

We, too, have real time camera & alarms for interior & near home-yard but still need better perimeter cameras & alarms.

Our most recent intruder was in carbine sights during his entire visit. Our Sheriff caught both; felons-in-possession & robbing again.

leVieux

caliburn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 4, 2022
    Houston
    Cameras with higher resolution are good for identification of the perps. Trail cams and solar powered cameras are good because they still work when the power goes out or if the power is cut.

Also, the right breed of dogs are a good deterrent as well. Mine are trained to bark and bite on command, but I also trust that they will do so without instruction as needed. Earlier this year I've had two guys out in the rear of my property fence that were chased off by my dogs faster than I could get out the door to confront the trespassers.

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    Same here, plenty of cameras around the buildings with push notifications but the perimeter is lacking. Currently just PIR alarms at the gates and a few scattered game cams.
    Just picked up a couple new PTZ cameras and one with optical zoom I haven't installed yet.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Man, things are rough in La. & Ok. Houston? Expected.
    I survived 3 street assaults @ Houston; 1980, 2025, & 2027, never even had to draw. Just said sternly “Don’t make me draw my weapon!”

I also had another “joke of an attempted street robbery” around 2008.

Top Bottom