• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Thegomezclan

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 2, 2010
    Kerrville Tx
    We just got back, had a great time. Great weather for it this weekend we stayed the night in Tomball and eat at Goodson's, was the best chicken fried steak I ever had and I had it in a lot of places.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    With all the deep fried bullshit to be had @ the renfest you might of made a better choice. I use to eat @ Goodson's once in a while on the way to the festival. Once the toll road was finished it hasn't happened.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Renfair is one of those things that just isn't as much fun as it used to be after you get married ;)

The wife & I went right after we got married & both of us thought it sucked & would never go back for any reason. Personally I'd rather be hunting in October & November. Then one of my best friends, bought several businesses there. When he first asked me what I thought about it, I told him I thought it sucked but it should be a a living with what he was buying. At that time he had a 1/3 of the food & drink.

He then asked me if I work for him @ the festival. I told him I was raised that you don't work with family or friends as it tends to get messed up. He told me he would pay me crazy money & I turned him down several times, until he showed me what he would pay me. That was 19 years ago. I've made crazy money & gotten some really great bonuses out of it. One year the bonus was a month hunting in africa including round trip airfare.

Needless to say I still think the festival is not for me!

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Does he need more help? :laughing:

Job fair next year you can apply!:stir: Bar backs & wenches can make decent money. I figure with next yeart being my 20th season I should retire from it. My days are typically 18 hours long. Getting the weekends off are getting harder for me to do.

Last years & this years bonus is 4 days @ the Machine gun resort. I bought for him the first 2 years we started attending it. Besides himself there is only one other person & myself that's worked for him all 19 seasons. I started saying that I'd would work next year only to get my gold watch for 20 years service. When the other person said hell yeah to the gold watch he said maybe not a gold watch but a gold coin.

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    We seem to have enjoyed Ren Faire several times since being married. Perhaps fanstasy playtime is just appealling to some? Husband seems to enjoy his rustic Scottish persona and really cuts loose. I enjoy teetering around tipsy in tons of long skirts and making innenuendo with hubby all day. Maybe you guys just aren't doing it right.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    We seem to have enjoyed Ren Faire several times since being married. Perhaps fanstasy playtime is just appealling to some? Husband seems to enjoy his rustic Scottish persona and really cuts loose. I enjoy teetering around tipsy in tons of long skirts and making innenuendo with hubby all day. Maybe you guys just aren't doing it right.

I'll contine to sell beer & mead so I can pay to feed the girls in the safe!

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Let me know where we may stop by and buy some mead... which shop?

The mead hippy has a tasting booth where you can get 2 bottles of Texas Renaissance mead for $40.00.That's the best deal out there if you like his mead. It's right before you get to The Sea Devil. There is a mead bar out front of The Prince of Wales pub and another in the fantail of the stage @ The Sea Devil Tavern. The Sea Devil only has TRF Traditional on tap this weekend. There are bottles of Chaucer's available.

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    We only bought one bottle and it was right when we came in, by the King's Feast. I didn't drink near as much as I could have. More's the pity but at least I didn't get sick. I WAS tired from all the walking. Ankle is still sore today. We saw a special after hours Sound & Fury show Saturday night that seemed pretty amazing. And the King's Feast was really great. I scored King's Wine Tasting tickets for next year by coming in second in a sausage jousting contest. (That means I was the loser... don't ask lol).

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    My boss had me sit in on the feast last Sunday. He hadwine course to go with the food courses. Having a good wine buzz on, made going back to work pretty hard. I'm glad this season is coming to and end. Thursday will be my first day off in 10 weeks! I'm ready to think about what my paychecks will buy me.

Then there is Middle Lands planned for May.
    http://www.middlelands.com

Top Bottom