• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • heyeng

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    San Antonio
    So some of you may remember my debacle with trying to get my online renewal done...well, long story short, the online system is down "until we don't know when" (according to the DPS folks). So, I got the renewal package in the mail today. I have a couple of questions...

For continued military exemption, they want want "substantiating records" but they don't elaborate. Is this a copy of my ID (CaC), a copy of my most recent LES, or something else?

They talk about fingerprint cards (complete the one(s) enclosed) yet there are none enclosed, although there is a fastprints flyer in there. So...do I need prints, or no?

OK...I think that's it. I was really looking forward to doing it all online without the pain of the affadavits, prints, etc., etc., etc., but I guess I will go ahead and get it rolling as opposed to waiting for the "online" system to be restored. Ho Hum.
    Capitol Armory ad

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    You don't need fingerprints on a renewal. They sent you an old packet.

As far as the military thing, I think your best bet is to call them to avoid any confusion or delay.

Good Luck!

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Don't know what a ccp is, nor is it clear from your post from which state your license is issued.

if it is Texas go to the Texas DPS website concealed handgun section and look for reciprocity. A list of all states with wich we have reciprocity are listed.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I think ccp = concealed carry permit...

And you would be better to check with the state that issued the license to see which states have reciprocity, as the Texas DPS will only show you if your license is recognized here...

You can also try such web sites as ConcealedCarry.net; but they always have a legal disclaimer stating to check with your state's issuing authority.

Cheers! M2

Top Bottom