• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Can anyone tell me if Renfest in Plantersville has proper 30.06 signage? They haven't in the past, just wondering if they do this year.

Thanks.
    Venture Surplus ad

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    But huge broadswords are not weapons. Or the Archers tools, they are not weapons. Chain Mail is just for decoration.

Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    I had a friend who was stabbed to death in the parking lot a couple years age while protecting his sister. I choose to not go there.

Driller

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    At the main entrance to the parking lot, I saw a sign that basically said "no conealed handguns allowed" but did not see an enforceable 30.06 sign. That's not say there wasn't one though, as it was difficult to scan due to traffic flow.

ZeR0BuG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    SE, TX
    They were there opening weekend.
    and not that this is a legal statement--- From there website---
    What is the Weapons Policy?
    We do not allow concealed weapons on Festival grounds. Any swords, rapiers, edged or pointed, etc. that are worn as a part of your costume MUST BE SHEATHED AND PEACE TIED. You can secure them with leather straps or zip ties. No unsecured weapons will be allowed into the Festival site.

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    Lol. Zip-ties or leather straps to secure large, bladed weapons wielded by often-drunk patrons. There's no chance of something bad to happen there. I mean it's not easy to break zipties or slice through leather straps right?

Brilliant.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Lol. Zip-ties or leather straps to secure large, bladed weapons wielded by often-drunk patrons. There's no chance of something bad to happen there. I mean it's not easy to break zipties or slice through leather straps right?

Brilliant.

Dummy...They are "peace tied" When the word peace is used, no violence can erupt.

cpileri

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    near Fort Hood (Killeen)
    I've been every year for the last several, they have the "no weapon" signs, but no 30.06- please dont tell them either!

BTW: avoid drunken stabbings, go during "School days": no weapons, no alcohol, more clothing, all in all more family and kid friendly. LOTS of kids, though, if that's not your thing then maybe School Days is not for you.
    C-

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    ...go during "School days": ...more clothing, all in all more family and kid friendly. ...
    Thanks for letting me know to avoid "School days".

Anybody remember the chain mail girls? The wolf run (if you were on the inside)? Renfests, back in the day, were quite a bit different.

Back on topic - I plan to go this year for the first time in a long time. When I do, I'll look carefully for signage and document it for this thread.

Top Bottom