• baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I think attitudes are changing.
    Even in the NRA.

I'm not going to mention the name of the former NRA president that has an exstensive collection of machine guns, but I doubt that the NRA will come out in favor of totally repealing the full ban. To much money to be lost by to many rich folks!

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I'm not going to mention the name of the former NRA president that has an exstensive collection of machine guns, but I doubt that the NRA will come out in favor of totally repealing the full ban. To much money to be lost by to many rich folks!

True.
    Another swamp that needs draining.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I just cannot believe that even with Trump as president that people would think those who are still in office when it was signed into law would think it would think the NFA would be repealed!

I don't typically see these petitions as a means for immediate change. I do view them as a message though.

I signed he secession petition for Texas knowing full well that it wasn't going to happen, but it had a ton of signatures and made it very clear to the representatives in DC that a very large number of Texans were extremely unhappy with the DC narrative.

This petition sends a strong message that a very large number of Americans want more freedom to own firearms of their choice, not less.

It may not be the tool some wish it to be, but it's still a tool that can be used to let the politicians know what we want.

And no, 200,000 is not a large percentage of the population. But when you take a look at other petitions, said the number of signatures they get for what would be considered a hot button issue, and compare those numbers vs other polls you can extrapolate how the number of signatures compares to national opinion.

So while I don't believe 200,000 signatures will lead to an immediate repeal, I do believe it will be an overall positive influence when it comes to 2A rights in general.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom