Texas SOT

Reporter: Ammunition in house fire “could have fired off wildly.” Uh, no.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whisky

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    same here, started to watch to see "what it was" and wound up watching the entire video - thanks for posting

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    The SAAMI video is several years old. Every firefighter I have spoken to around here has seen it and understands. It appears south Florida does not have very well trained/informed firefighters.

txbikerman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    mckinney
    i witnessed this once when i was in high school. A trailer burned down and we heard the ammo going off.

Last edited:

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    I'm tempted to ask the Fire Chief in my city if he is aware of this training film and shows it to his Fire fighters.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    The same amount of ammunition run through a min-gun produces much different results... :)

Very informative. I also could not stop watching it. I will probably submit to our HSE coordinator at work for presentation in a safety meeting.

preyn2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Burnet
    Ammunition cooking off in a fire has been known to cause a significant pucker effect, especially when it's in the same room with you. Unrestrained cases might fly a few feet, and they're disconcerting when they hit you, but I've never heard of anyone being injured by one.

Years ago, I read an article in a firefighting magazine describing a chambered round cooking off, causing the action to cycle, another round cooks, action cycles, etc., until the gun was empty.

phil

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Ammunition cooking off in a fire has been known to cause a significant pucker effect, especially when it's in the same room with you. Unrestrained cases might fly a few feet, and they're disconcerting when they hit you, but I've never heard of anyone being injured by one.

Years ago, I read an article in a firefighting magazine describing a chambered round cooking off, causing the action to cycle, another round cooks, action cycles, etc., until the gun was empty.

phil

I know someone who was baking a finish on a rifle and found out there was a round chambered. No magazine or bolt, though. No idea how he missed one sitting in the chamber...

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I was watching the Steelers/Ravens game today (TG day), saw what this flick was about and opted to watch the flick. It was very enlightening and well worth the investment of time!

Thanks for posting it!

Flash

Top Bottom