• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nate74

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2017
    Plano
    What are the requirements and repercussions of reporting a lost firearm?

Probably fell out of my work truck when I was unpacking it on the street in front of my house. I've torn my house apart looking for it and searched the truck to no end.

Losing sleep and kicking myself and PRAYING it was turned into the police and some punk doesn't have it now.
    Texas SOT

Nate74

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2017
    Plano
    Went by the local PD station this morning. They didn't really seem to have a form exactly. They PSO filled out an incident report and gave me a card with the incident number on it. No mention of notifying me if it gets turned in.

Then, he said that there is a form with the ATF that I should fill out and file? Does that sound right to anyone here?

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    IF not FFL or NFA, no requirement.

Report to local PoPo like any other property. I would not speculate on how it went missing.

YMMV

mamboloco

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2019
    DFW
    wait a day or so until you are done searching then report it locally. if the gun has sentimental value, call the local pawn shops and give them the BOLO :)

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Two or three weeks from now, or even after just a few days, after you have resigned to the fact it is lost forever - search for it again. I misplace things now and then, go crazy looking for them, then find them right where I swear I have looked before and looked more than once. Sometimes I'm certain I am haunted by poltergeists or that imps or wee men come by my place and move things around as I look for them. Your item being a gun probably induced higher anxiety during the search and may have affected your search efforts. Good luck, hope you find it soon.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    One other thought - did you use any thrones that day - maybe one at work or someplace where you drove your truck. Maybe you left it on the toilet pasper dispenser or something like that. Happens to the best of us.

Actually one more thought: any chance you drove an alternate truck for work that day and when you realized the gun was gone you searched your regular truck instead of the alternate?

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Robert Harrell
    Top Bottom