• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Robmoo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Arlington
    I'm flying and checking a handgun tomorrow. If my hundgun is stolen from my luggage to which law enforcement agency do I report the theft? I've Googled this one and haven't been able to find an answer. Do I call the BATF?
    Hurley's Gold

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Upon arrival, immediately check your bag for the gun. If it is missing call the airport police where you arrived, then the airport police from where you departed.

Be sure to have make/model/serial number and a photograph of said firearm in the "TSA Approved" container and the suitcase it was packed in.

If you crossed State lines in your travels, call the nearest FBI and BATFE offices at your destination too.

More importantly, we must convince our law-makers to allow concealed carry on-board aircraft on domestic flights.

Fore those who say it will never happen, don't forget that twenty years ago, over 90% of the States had no "Right to Carry" laws.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I'm flying and checking a handgun tomorrow. If my hundgun is stolen from my luggage to which law enforcement agency do I report the theft? I've Googled this one and haven't been able to find an answer. Do I call the BATF?

Good question.. I have and figured I would be SOL if it actually happened. Depending upon where it happened I would be inclined to report the crime to that local agency. If you have connecting flights or such, then I suppose it would be on you to determine where the theft occurred. I've flown thru LA, ATL and EWR at differeing times and sadly almost never expected to see it upon arrival!!!

Either way, it's probably going to cost you a whole lot more then the value of the firearm you are travelling with to go thru the process of investigating and possibly finding out who actually did it.

Why not ship it???

Are you moving, visiting, etc????

wookie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    San Antonio
    Good question. Good answer about serial number.

I've had a bunch of trips and no problems so far. Doesn't mean it can't happen, but it seems like much less of a problem than leaving the pistol in the car.

deadasslast2004

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    the great Country of TEXAS
    i had this happen. also notify the baggage supervisor at each airport origin and destination. nobody seemed to really care until I told them the name of the TSA agent, baggage handler ticket agent and gun and serial number. Not to mention that when they kinda blew me off I made a comment that I bet the TSA and local NBC news station would love toknow there was a loose handgun behind the gates somewhere at either LAX or DFW airport and they might have to shut down the aiport to find a gun and 100 bullets. I had it back in an hour and a half delivered to my hotel. funny how that worked. I fly about 50-60 times a year over the last 4 or 5 years and only happenend once in flt from LA to Dallas.By the way I sat next to Christie Brinkley on that flighht........she's still a looker I must say.

Top Bottom