• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gwb8568

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    S. Austin
    Hello friends, I was born in Texas while my parents were in the service, they just happened to be traveling through and it was time to come out. Spent the next 30 years in SE New Mexico (basically West Texas) and have since spent the last 13 years back in the great state of Tejas.

I grew up hunting and fishing for years on end, so I am quite familiar with the shotgun and rifle. Had a few revolvers as well growing up but never spent too much time with any certain amount of handguns, and never a semi-auto pistol. I haven't spent much time in the last 15 years or so with firearms as marriage/bills/economy/etc. kind of overtook my fun. I am now able to get back into it and with the way the government is acting on gun ownership as each year/day passes......and the fact that I work in deep South Texas in the oilfields that are a little too close to the cartel and havoc that's going on down here......I have invested in a Ruger SR40C, Ruger P95DC and Ruger LC9 in the last few months, for both my personal protection while working and also at home. I am wanting to pick up a few more handguns in the upcoming months, revolvers for sure, and also equip my wife with some protection for when I am out of town for weeks @ a time (with proper training of course).

I am here basically because I would like to become more familiar with all the different types of handguns/firearms, the terminology, the technology and just anything that I have missed out on over the last 15+ years. As well, I am really interested in going through the process to get a CCP for me, and then my wife in the near future. I just happened to stumble across this forum by accident the other day and am very glad I did. I have spent a few days just browsing and finally joined. So far I have found quite a bit of interesting topics with quality discussions and professional atmospheres to hang out in. I'm still going to do some more searching to see if I can find a "basic" step by step guide on what it takes to prepare, apply and take a CCP class before I do any asking. I'm sure there is a thread already out there. Also, growing up I/we always just went outside of town for our target practicing and plinking. It seems in this area, there aren't many outdoor ranges unless you wanna travel quite a bit so I'm gonna have to understand and learn how to go about the indoor route (something I dread doing anyway) since I have never shot in one, much less stepped foot in one.

Thanks for having me as a part of the forum and I look forward to learning a bit more for my knowledge base and meeting some great people along the way. Thanks to those who are serving/have served in our military. God Bless and take care.
    DK Firearms

gwb8568

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    S. Austin
    We ain't readin' the same stuff. LOL

Welcome!

Thanks. And obviously, only a few days does not allow enough time to delve very deep into the forum. But after seeing your post, with your avatar, and your signature........I'm sure I'll like the "professional atmosphere" even more as my time spent here grows.

Top Bottom