• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mosin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Laredo
    Anyone recommend any? Is Ammunition Store reputable?

USACsales (limited but good prices when/if they got what you need)
    AimSurplus
    JGsales
    MidwayUSA
    PalmettoState (just don't be in a hurry to get it)

Done business with all of those for ammuntion and/or parts, no complaints.

Gunbot.net is a good resource for pricing.

rgwalt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Houston Heights
    I was thinking about driving over there today.
    What are the prices on 9mm, 380, and 357 like?

Their in-store price list is different than their on-line prices. I make it over there once a month or so, and I haven't seen .380 in months. They generally have plenty of 9mm. You might want to call before heading over to make sure they have the caliber(s) that you need/want before making the trek.

I have shot all of their different types of ammo... new manufacture, reman, and "blaster", which is reman ammo with cases that haven't been polished. I have seen more issues with their ammo (mainly rounds that were seated too deep) than the major commercial manufacturers (remington, speer, PPU). However, during the panic they were one of the few places where you could reliably get ammo. Their prices got pretty high during the panic, and have not come down in parity with Wal-Mart or Academy. If you buy enough of the reman in bulk, you can get close to the price of new Monarch brass.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    All of the above plus,

Copes Distributing
    Wideners
    Ammo To Go
    Selway Armory (I've used them for the first time recently and was really happy with service)
    Sportsman's Guide

There are more, but that's my short list.

I use gunbot.com (as mentioned) and gun-deals.com most of the time when looking for the best deals. Most of the vendors there are good, however their are a few that will pop up from time to time that I never heard of. Usually if the deal sounds good, I'll go and check it out and check on the shipping charges. You are going to find that the lesser known vendors deals aren't so good once you factor in shipping.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Their in-store price list is different than their on-line prices. I make it over there once a month or so, and I haven't seen .380 in months. They generally have plenty of 9mm. You might want to call before heading over to make sure they have the caliber(s) that you need/want before making the trek.

I have shot all of their different types of ammo... new manufacture, reman, and "blaster", which is reman ammo with cases that haven't been polished. I have seen more issues with their ammo (mainly rounds that were seated too deep) than the major commercial manufacturers (remington, speer, PPU). However, during the panic they were one of the few places where you could reliably get ammo. Their prices got pretty high during the panic, and have not come down in parity with Wal-Mart or Academy. If you buy enough of the reman in bulk, you can get close to the price of new Monarch brass.

Thanks for the info.
    The website shows they are out of almost everything. I wanted 9mm and 380.
    I'll give them a call later.

Top Bottom