Reputable S.A. Class III Dealer?

Discussion in 'Class III / NFA' started by TXSuperDave, Jan 31, 2009.

1. TXSuperDave

TXSuperDave New Member

Jan 31, 2009
    San Antonio
    Can anyone recommend a reputable Class III dealer in San Antonio? I have everything lined up to purchase my first SBR, but my favorite local dealer is not Class III. Let me know anyone that you have had good luck with...or who to avoid. Thanks.

David:fighting0002:

2. 1troubleshooter

1troubleshooter New Member

Jan 13, 2009
    San Antonio
    ALEX at ASH OUTDOORS . is my class 3 dealer. imho a first class gentleman. on everything i have purchased from him. 1

3. CALI

CALI Active Member

Dec 19, 2008
    Round Rock
    Try this store Welcome to the Texas Gun Store. If you can't find one locally at your area give them a call and they are located in Cedar Park about 1:30 to 2 hrs. of travel from SA. I've done couple of SBR's from them and never had a problem.

4. ST5MF

ST5MF Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Alex is the man.

There is no other choice.

5. BlackRifleTexas

BlackRifleTexas New Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Texas---Where else??
    I have used Dale Wise Guns in the past... (210) 734-9999, Felix is the owner. He will charge $200 plus the $200 for the NFA stamp.... He prefers cash. I cant really say anything bad or good.

6. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Tons of people have used them. I'd say 2/3rds of the tax stamp papers I check are from them in Austin. Chuck at Chuck's Class 3 is another one.

7. CALI

CALI Active Member

Dec 19, 2008
    Round Rock
    Just wondering why you needed a class III dealer for an SBR. Build a lower and get it signed off by your local LE, Trust, Corporation etc. Send it in for your Tax Stamp and and you're free to buy any SBR upper. I normally wait for my approval/Tax stamp then buy the upper.

Unless you're wanting complete SBR... It's very easy and cheaper to do it yourself. PM me if you have any questions and needing some help.

Just my .02 cents. Good luck.

8. sigxo45

sigxo45 New Member

Feb 6, 2009
    +1 just fill out form1 yourself, and send it with your trust or get CLEO sign off, im also in san antonio if you need any help. as far as a class 3 dealer i use bruce schluderman he's a great guy.. and only 50 bucks for transfers, only thing is he is out of roundrock but he is at the gun show every month

9. TXSuperDave

TXSuperDave New Member

Jan 31, 2009
    San Antonio
    Ditched the idea of a complete rifle

I decided to go the route of building a lower and buying an SBR upper...saves me the $200 transfer and some headaches. Thanks for all of the advice!

TXSuperDave:fighting0002:

10. TX2654

TX2654 New Member

Feb 7, 2009
    San Antonio Area

You still pay the Form1 tax, but yes, do it yourself! Don't forget you need to have your name, city and state engraved on the lower. I suggest doing this BEFORE you SBR it. You can mail it to, and receive it from the FFL who does the gunsmith work on your lower. If you wait until it's on the Form-1, you can't send it UPS ground anymore.

If you DO plan on buying C3 items, Chuck's Class 3 in RoundRock, TX is the way to go. I've done all my C3 transfers through him ( and some Title1 ).