• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lcooper1784

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    humble
    Hello all,
    I am hoping that some of you lovely people will be able to assist me :) I am a graduate student at a Houston university and am working on research for an article for my school's literary magazine. The topic of my article is the debate currently underway concerning the legalization of concealed carry of firearms on college campuses. Personally I support this legislation; it is my constitutional right to carry a gun, and I know I would feel much safer on campus if I were allowed to have my gun with me.

But I digress...

What I am hoping to get some advice on is where I can find reliable information / statistics on the following:
    1) Occurrence of non-defensive shootings by concealed license holders over a span of time (basically, how many license holders have shot other people in situations other than self / home defense)

2) Statistics on the current population percentage in possession of a concealed license

That's my starting point anyway. I have been doing extensive research online but have been unable to locate much up-to-date information. Much of it dates back to the early 2000's or even earlier. Any tips or suggestions for where I could start would be greatly appreciated!!
    DK Firearms

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    1) You need to find the latest DPS crime statistics ... you should be able to find them on the CHL portal for the state.

2) That would have to also be from the DPS statistics, they'd be the only ones to know.

Texas DPS - CHL Conviction Rates Reports

CHL holders held 0.1541% of total convictions in the state of Texas for the crimes listed.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    Welcome to the site. Someone will be able to help you with these questions pretty soon. I just dont have any current statistics right now.
    When you get finished with the article, please post it on here so we can see it.
    Good Luck.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    That conviction chart is cool but it doesn't say the percentage of pop that carries. It would be way easier to interpret for an anti that way. They'll say "well that's because so few carry"

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    That conviction chart is cool but it doesn't say the percentage of pop that carries. It would be way easier to interpret for an anti that way. They'll say "well that's because so few carry"

The math is easy enough. If the antis could use CHL holder conviction rates to make an argument against guns, they would have by now. The facts simply don't favor their arguments in any way.

We can say factually that every school shooting which has occoured in a gun-free school zone has had a 0% occourence of self-defense by the victims.

Top Bottom