• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land

Dear*Mr. V

Thank you for contacting me regarding your concerns about Second Amendment rights. As your Representative, I appreciate knowing your views and I am glad we are in agreement about this important issue. This is a personal issue for me.* Like you, I am a proud gun owner.**

I fully support the Second Amendment and I believe it is critical to ensure the federal government does not pass laws that infringe on a citizen's right to keep and bear arms. *In recent rulings, the U.S. Supreme Court has agreed.* 2008 and 2010 Supreme Court decisions reaffirm Americans' right to own firearms for personal use.

Gun violence in America is a real problem.* The tragedy in Newton, Connecticut was devastating for the children we lost, the families,*their community and for America.* But, taking away the rights of law abiding Americans is not the answer to this problem.**In response to this and other tragedies, some groups have urged Congress to consider legislation aiming to curtail gun violence by restricting gun ownership. I find this troubling.**I believe we fully enforce our current laws and the punish criminals that abuse them, not the citizens who follow the laws and rules to ensure their safety and the safety of those around them.* Law abiding citizens are not the problem, criminals are.

As you know, on January 16, 2013, President Obama released a series of executive actions to reduce gun violence and called on Congress to pass laws related to gun ownership.*I strongly disagree with the President's call to restrict gun ownership rights.*I will oppose any Congressional action to infringe on our Second Amendment rights, and work to ensure that our Constitution is not bypassed by Executive Order.*Rest assured, I will work to ensure that*no one must choose between safety and liberty.

I will certainly continue to monitor actions and proposed policy changes closely as I continue to support your Second Amendment rights in the House of Representatives.*

In today's world, it is critical that citizens in the 19th District of Texas know what is going on in their federal government. I know you would be interested in my weekly e-newsletter, "Randy's Roundup," which will keep you up to date on the important issues facing our country, and in particular, West Texas. Please join the Roundup by visiting*www.randy.house.gov.*

Again, thank you for contacting me.* Please do not hesitate to*let*me*know*if I*can*be of service to you in the future.*

Sincerely,

Randy Neugebauer
    Capitol Armory ad

Top Bottom