Response to Property Burglary

Discussion in 'Stolen Property & Criminality' started by Taildragger-J3, Oct 25, 2017.

1. Renegade

Renegade SuperOwner

Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Nighttime makes no difference in regards to burglary, and blanket statements about "at night you can bust a cap in that ass" are foolish.

That is correct too. See what I posted. Only theft an CM have a nighttime qualification.

2. majormadmax

majormadmax TGT Addict

Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Jeez, am I the only one on here that watches Law & Order?!? :clown:

pharmaco and Southpaw like this.
  3. txinvestigator

txinvestigator TGT Addict

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Of course not, where do you think I learned everything?!

majormadmax and Southpaw like this.
  4. SC-Texas

SC-Texas Moderator Moderator

Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    If the grand jury indicts you you are going to have a trial unless the prosecutor agrees to drop it. Which they probably won't

5. candcallen

candcallen Member

Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    At a Holiday Inn Express...Last night?

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

6. Davetex

Davetex TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 27, 2010
    Pflugerville
    Can one of the knowledgeable LEO's here give some examples of criminal mischief please? I see it listed all time in the local crime report, but I don't know what it involves. Thanks fellas.

7. seeker_two

seeker_two Well-Known

Jul 1, 2008
    In a theft case like the OP mentioned, I probably won't use deadly force unless the perp became an immediate threat to me or others.....

....but, if I happen to notice a gopher digging up the ground somewhere between the perp and myself, I may have to take immediate action to stop that gopher from digging more holes.....because gopher holes are dangerous. I don't know how the perp would interpret my action at that point, but I'm sure the perp would agree that nearby gophers are dangerous and leave the area to avoid those dangerous gopher holes that I'm pointing out.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

knormal likes this.
  8. knormal

knormal Member

Jan 30, 2017
    New Braunfels, TX
    Yes!
    "Stuff" isnt worth a life imho.

9. Younggun

Younggun Doer of Deeds TGT Supporter Admin

Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    How much is the portion of my life and labor sold in order to get that "stuff" worth?

If "stuff" isn't worth a life then criminals shouldn't risk their lives to get it. Regardless of whether or not someone thinks a person should use deadly force to protect property, it is the thief who makes the choice to put their life on the line for said "stuff". It is the fault of the thief and the thief alone if their life is lost in an attempt to rob another of what they have traded their own life and labor for.

10. jrbfishn

jrbfishn TGT Addict

Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    You put it in better words than me.
    Everyone has a right to EARN stuff. They do not have the right to take my stuff. And at the same time take the part of my life it took for ME to EARN my stuff.
    Thieves don't take stuff. They take your life. A piece at a time.

Sent from my RCT6873W42 using Tapatalk

diesel1959 and TheDan like this.