Venture Surplus ad

restuarants/things to do in San Antonio?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mosin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Laredo
    Laredo sucks and it is our 1st anniversary this weekend and so I booked up two nights at the Drury Plaza Hotel at the Riverwalk, and made reservations at Biga on the Banks. That takes care of Sunday night. What are some gotta see or do things for all day Monday thru Tuesday morning?
    DK Firearms

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Riverwalk is the place!
    I love the historical places at street level.
    El Mercado is a 10 minute walk.
    Howl at the moon is entertaining. (Get there early)
    Buckhorn and Ranger museum.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    The Alamo, but I'm sure that is already on your list.

The funny thing is, I live here but rarely get down there anymore unless I have people visiting from out of town.

mosin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Laredo
    Riverwalk is the place!
    I love the historical places at street level.
    El Mercado is a 10 minute walk.
    Howl at the moon is entertaining. (Get there early)
    Buckhorn and Ranger museum.

I've never been but have been hearing how awesome the riverwalk is for a long time so I'm hoping it is half as good as I hear. She went about 10 years ago when she had just moved stateside and was going to college in Houston. Some friends of mine were stationed in El Paso used to go occasionally and always had some good things to say too. Compared to Laredo I'm sure it'll be heavenly no matter what.

The Alamo, but I'm sure that is already on your list.

The funny thing is, I live here but rarely get down there anymore unless I have people visiting from out of town.

Yeah not sure how I forgot to mention the Alamo that is definitely on the list for Monday morning or on the way out Tuesday. Maybe we'll get to see the basement.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Downtown and walking distance is full of stuff.

Want to CHOW down, get a great show and eat more meat than you every have then go to Texas De Brazil (Its across from the Lone Star Hall of horns museum IIRC, walking distance, WOW San Antonio | Texas de Brazil

Howl at the Moon. Been there and a LOT of fun

The Mercado is only a couple of blocks away and is fun to see the things for sale

There is no shortage of things to do downtown in SA its hopping, have fun...

See the Alamo ASAP as its in the process of being turned over to the United Nations and the Feds, only God knows how that will turn out. No doubt Jim Bowie will be a Gay, Davy Crockett will be a Transgender, Col Travis was a black slave who dressed in 'white face' and it was the folks at the Alamo who attacked Santa Anna and his 5000 men, slaughtering them and they were only defending themselves...

mosin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Laredo
    Downtown and walking distance is full of stuff.

Want to CHOW down, get a great show and eat more meat than you every have then go to Texas De Brazil (Its across from the Lone Star Hall of horns museum IIRC, walking distance, WOW San Antonio | Texas de Brazil

Howl at the Moon. Been there and a LOT of fun

The Mercado is only a couple of blocks away and is fun to see the things for sale

There is no shortage of things to do downtown in SA its hopping, have fun...

See the Alamo ASAP as its in the process of being turned over to the United Nations and the Feds, only God knows how that will turn out. No doubt Jim Bowie will be a Gay, Davy Crockett will be a Transgender, Col Travis was a black slave who dressed in 'white face' and it was the folks at the Alamo who attacked Santa Anna and his 5000 men, slaughtering them and they were only defending themselves...

I hope the un does take it over... I'd love to own a Republic of Texas Passport.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    You need to try Taco Taco. Not too far from downtown. Only open 6am to 2pm. Voted best tacos in America by Bon Apetite mag. Was also on Triple D.

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    i would NOT eat Mexican food ON the riverwalk - unless it was at Casa Rio - all the rest suck in my opinion

you're better off walking to El Mercado (spanish for The Market) -and eating at Mi Tiera or La Margarita (they are next to each other and owned by the same company)

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    i would NOT eat Mexican food ON the riverwalk - unless it was at Casa Rio - all the rest suck in my opinion

you're better off walking to El Mercado (spanish for The Market) -and eating at Mi Tiera or La Margarita (they are next to each other and owned by the same company)

+1

mosin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Laredo

Unless we hit that Taco Taco place we won't be doing Mexican anyways. Look at my location, down here we just call it food, :p

You need to try Taco Taco. Not too far from downtown. Only open 6am to 2pm. Voted best tacos in America by Bon Apetite mag. Was also on Triple D.

I saw that place pop up on a few different lists, I hear the lines are ridiculous but maybe on a monday it won't be terrible.

stxKid mentioned horse riding outside of town towards hill country, anyone have any recommendations or anything on that?

Last edited:

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    Unless we hit that Taco Taco place we won't be doing Mexican anyways. Look at my location, down here we just call it food, :p

I saw that place pop up on a few different lists, I hear the lines are ridiculous but maybe on a monday it won't be terrible.

ok well if you like a good burger - Chris Madrids! (also not on the Riverwalk) - but big and greasy and GOOD

mosin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Laredo
    ok well if you like a good burger - Chris Madrids! (also not on the Riverwalk) - but big and greasy and GOOD

Looks like we got a winner!
    319.jpg

mosin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Laredo
    Biga on the Banks was fantastic last night. If weather holds, we are gonna do the el mercado (sp) and alamo this morning. Lookin like itll be washout most of the day though.

Top Bottom