Join TexasGunTalk

restuarants/things to do in San Antonio?

Discussion in 'San Antonio' started by mosin, Oct 11, 2013.

1. mosin

mosin Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Laredo
    Laredo sucks and it is our 1st anniversary this weekend and so I booked up two nights at the Drury Plaza Hotel at the Riverwalk, and made reservations at Biga on the Banks. That takes care of Sunday night. What are some gotta see or do things for all day Monday thru Tuesday morning?

2. Vaquero

Vaquero Pre-ban Staff Member Admin

Apr 4, 2011
    Out West
    Riverwalk is the place!
    I love the historical places at street level.
    El Mercado is a 10 minute walk.
    Howl at the moon is entertaining. (Get there early)
    Buckhorn and Ranger museum.

3. Southpaw

Southpaw SUPER OWNER TGT Supporter

Mar 30, 2009
    Texas
    The Alamo, but I'm sure that is already on your list.

The funny thing is, I live here but rarely get down there anymore unless I have people visiting from out of town.

4. itchin

itchin TGT Addict

Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    drive up to New Braunfels for some german food.

5. mosin

mosin Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Laredo
    I've never been but have been hearing how awesome the riverwalk is for a long time so I'm hoping it is half as good as I hear. She went about 10 years ago when she had just moved stateside and was going to college in Houston. Some friends of mine were stationed in El Paso used to go occasionally and always had some good things to say too. Compared to Laredo I'm sure it'll be heavenly no matter what.

Yeah not sure how I forgot to mention the Alamo that is definitely on the list for Monday morning or on the way out Tuesday. Maybe we'll get to see the basement.

6. BG1960

BG1960 Well-Known

Casa Rio on the Riverwalk : KLiK

damn, now I wanna go...

7. Ole Cowboy

Ole Cowboy TGT Addict

May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Downtown and walking distance is full of stuff.

Want to CHOW down, get a great show and eat more meat than you every have then go to Texas De Brazil (Its across from the Lone Star Hall of horns museum IIRC, walking distance, WOW San Antonio | Texas de Brazil

Howl at the Moon. Been there and a LOT of fun

The Mercado is only a couple of blocks away and is fun to see the things for sale

There is no shortage of things to do downtown in SA its hopping, have fun...

See the Alamo ASAP as its in the process of being turned over to the United Nations and the Feds, only God knows how that will turn out. No doubt Jim Bowie will be a Gay, Davy Crockett will be a Transgender, Col Travis was a black slave who dressed in 'white face' and it was the folks at the Alamo who attacked Santa Anna and his 5000 men, slaughtering them and they were only defending themselves...

8. mosin

mosin Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Laredo
    I hope the un does take it over... I'd love to own a Republic of Texas Passport.

9. deemus

deemus TGT Addict

Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    You need to try Taco Taco. Not too far from downtown. Only open 6am to 2pm. Voted best tacos in America by Bon Apetite mag. Was also on Triple D.

10. Texan2

Texan2 TGT Addict

Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    The list of things to do in SA on the Riverwalk is endless.