Hurley's Gold

restuarants/things to do in San Antonio?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mosin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Laredo
    Rudys is good but got that in laredo. What's with no sweet tea in san antonio? It is usually crappy in laredo but they have it.

Ruths is good but I blew my big budget dinner at Biga, worth every penny though.

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    well nobody ever exaggerates on the internet

i'm not sure why my BS meter went off like it did

probably need to have it retuned

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Back when I was a kid growing up in SA in the days the Duke was filming the Alamo he was known to hang out at the IIRC the Blackhawk Steakhouse along with Chill Wills. Dad would take the family over there for steaks regularly and one night there was the Duke himself waiting on the table just across from ours. Of course I was about to go crazy as the Duke was and is my HERO. I was about 12 or so. He had on a white apron and a cowboy hat and kept telling the folks at the table he was John Wayne's half brother. But their hanging out there and bringing food and waiting on tables was nothing unusual back in those days...

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    oh re: bbq - i would avoid The County Line - one of their main locations is on the RW
    FOR SURE. Took my wife down to the one on I 10 in SA right after we moved here AND was embarrassed for them and me. I had been eating there back when there was only one location in Austin. The the guy sold out to some big restaurant group, give them a pass for sure...

mosin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Laredo
    Well it sounds like BS, but I shit you not.

On a side note... Any really good seafood in the area???

I do not care for seafood other than certain fish but was fighting with my wife over scraping the plate of our hanero pineapple chutney scallop appetizer at biga on the banks last night. Expensive though.

Top Bottom