• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wbblazer90

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2014
    Some nice things one could consider that have gained popularity in recent years:

Sig P226, Sig P220, CZ75 and clones like the jericho 941, smith and wesson revolvers, 3rd gen SW semi autos (5906, 4506, 1006), decent 1911s, Walther PPK/s, p99, anything HK or Colt

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    When it comes to firearms, I buy more than I sell. That is, of course, how you end up with a small collection instead of just one or two. I own pump, semi-auto and O/U shotguns; semi-auto and bolt-action rifles; and semi-auto pistols. I have owned a couple of revolvers but sold them off long ago. The first semi-auto pistol that I ever owned was a Gen 2 Glock 17 I bought in 1994, and it was replaced in 1996 with a Gen 2 Glock 19 that I still own.

My original thought on handguns was to have two 9mms, two 45 ACPs and two .22LRs. I wanted weapons in these common and proven calibers, and I follow the motto that “two is one and one is none.” Over the years, both the number of weapons and the range of calibers have been exceeded, and I am even considering adding 380 into the mix. Every purchase had a purpose at the time, and all were on my list.

I still maintain a long list of desired firearms, but lately, I have found that my tastes are changing. My affinity for metal framed guns continues to grow, and my affection for polymer guns has begun to wane. Until recently, my wish list had more polymer guns on it in various calibers than metal framed guns, but many of the polymers have slowly been struck off and more metal framed guns have been added. I am sure that I will always have some polymer firearms around as I doubt that I will ever sell that Glock 19. A big plus for the striker fire weapons besides capacity is that they do not snag or put holes in my clothes during concealed carry.

I really think I need to take each of my striker fired pistols back to the range and make keep or sell decisions. By this time next year, my collection may look totally different.

I'm fully in agreement - polymer framed stricker fired are where it's at, and you should keep all you have plus buy more.

Anything with a metal frame and a hammer aren't worth a darn - make me a good deal on those and I'll sacrifice by buying them from you.

Jarine88

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 24, 2018
    Tomball
    Some nice things one could consider that have gained popularity in recent years:

Sig P226, Sig P220, CZ75 and clones like the jericho 941, smith and wesson revolvers, 3rd gen SW semi autos (5906, 4506, 1006), decent 1911s, Walther PPK/s, p99, anything HK or Colt

I currently own three metal frame pistols (i.e., P226’s in 9mm and 40 S&W and a Springfield Milspec 1911). The rest are polymers.

I own a few Glocks, so I’m not a Glock hater, but there is a different feel to the Sigs. The P226 fits my big mitts perfectly.

When comparing my 45s, the grip and trigger of the Walter PPQ45 out shines the Glock 21, but the 1911 is in a class of its own.

Amongst others, I do have the CZ75 SP-01 or 75B on my list along with the Beretta M9/92FS/92X. The Beretta 96A in 40 S&W is on there as well. I would also like to add a few more 1911’s to my collection.

In .380, the Walther PPK is on the list along with the Sig P230/P232. They look similar to the cheaper Bursa Thunder, but I trust my life to Walther and Sig more.

I’ve thought about the Sig P238 or the Springfield 911 models, but I am not sure. I shot a P938 several years ago, but between the malfunctions and the difficulty in gripping such a small pistol in my hands is making me question that size pistol.

I would be dishonest if I said I was completely done with striker fired pistols since I am still looking at the P365 variants and the Hellcat for a small carry pistol to replace an XDs 3.3” 9mm.

And [mention]Moonpie [/mention], I may just add a few revolvers to the list.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    Safe? Raff out roud.

729558a4d4bdf201a51c5bf50192986c.jpg

Last edited:

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    I’m the very same boat. I’ve been thinning the heard back myself. Sold 4 and purchased none this year. +1 on the affinity for metal framed guns.
    I've slowed to only a few purchases per year after retirement. It's time reduce the number of calibers I have and reduce the number of guns to those I currently fire on a regular basis.

Top Bottom